Gps lose signal when filming

Reaction score
Ph2 v+ Had a crash, replaced the gimbal cable. After this I lose satellites when I start camera filming. Goes in to att mode.

Smal noise from camera sometime. What could be the issue?

Last edited:
Ph2 v+ Had a crash, replaced the gimbal cable. After this I lose satellites when I start camera filming. Goes in to att mode.

Smal noise from camera sometime. What could be the issue?

You might get a quicker response to your question if only you posted it in P2 V+ instead of in the P2 NV threads.

2 things..
I think you need to do a shield mod or buy the gps booster if you cant get a hold of foil and tape.
DJI Phantom GPS Booster for Phantom 1 and Phantom 2 inc Vision and Vision Plus
When filming, the camera leaks EMI, enough to interfere with the GPS frequency. The foil stops the EMI leaking through.

Another thing to look at is your GPS since you crashed it. I think you have cracked your Ceramic Puck, enough to lower 1 or 2 sats. Its very hard to see the crack, but if you do decide to replace it (simple desolder and resolder), find a 4mm GPS ceramic puck. This will pick up faster and 1 or 2 additional sats depending where your neck of the woods is.

Thanks, have ordered the 4mm upgraded gps ceramic. But could the WiFi module be broken since the signal Comes and goes just in a second no matter distance and why do the WiFi interrupt the gps only when recording?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31