Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

GPS lock without GPS lights !

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by Maveriksam, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Maveriksam

I'm slightly worried about the sequence of lights I see on warm up of my Phantom.

From cold I get the usual warm up flashing for a minute or two, then I get the usual 8 or 10 flashes to tell me it's warmed up properly and then before the red GPS locating flashes, I seem to get the home lock flashes.

Instead of waiting for the 6+ satellites before home lock?

The reason why i'm not overly worried is I always perform a manual home lock once it's got 6+ satelites.

I'm just confused why it should indicate a home lock before GPS satellite lock.

Please help.

2. marcus_canada

Yea I noticed the same with mine too. More satellites essentially means better positional resolution, particularly height. To mark home-position 3 satellites is actually enough so that's why it marks it prior to 6+ satellites.
    2 satellites can give you a 2d positional fix without height, 3 satellites gives you a Lat/Long/Height fix, more than that and it's all about accuracy.
    Even though I get the home position acknowledgment I still wait for the RED Led to quit flashing before I lift off, I don't think it updates the home position but I just feel better about it.

3. PhantomHubert

It will flash fast green on the 'forward direction' and the second time on 'home point'.

4. joseph Rice

I got the same situation. Rapid blinking Green before GPS lock. I wonder if it records the true take off location before GPS lock. For several times, I failed to pull back my phantom with IOC when it's far away from my sight. Is that related to the rapid green before GPS lock?

5. tanasit

Since I do not know for the fact that the rapid GREEN is a successful CL or HL or both, I always perform the manual settings for both afterward.