Gps lock after cràsh

Reaction score
I have recently crashed my p2v+ from about 40m it just dropped from the sky and landed next to field of wheat. I found it as it was emitting a beep beep beep sound. When I got it back to my launch site none of the LEDs would work it just did the system test and started beeping again. I took it home and put it on
assistant where I recalibrated. The gimbal had walloped the bottom of the quad and bent the arm but it still worked just wouldnt swivel. I thought I may of got away lightly but, I took it outside to check it was all working. The battery did its noise, the leds all came on it did the green quick flash to say it had logged home pos. But I couldn't get a GPS fix the LEDs just flash 1 green 3 red. I managed to arm the motors and flew it in the yard but my application was showing no gps and I couldn't get a steady green light. Is this fixable and how can I check it all. I fly using naza and am a good pilot but not very tech minded when it comes to taking things apart

If it has been answered on a previous thread please let me know how to find it as I cant find any info. Also what is the single red led on the side of the p2?

You must be in Naza mode with IOC enabled??? because the first set of rapid green flashes is indicating the heading has been stored for Course Lock operation.
The green, red, red, red which follows indicates less than 5 GPS sats. locked.

Many times after a crash the GPS antenna can be damaged.
It would appear thus far that is likely what has occurred.

You need to open the shell. In the top half you'll see foam and foil shield.
This is covering the GPS circuit board.
Remove the shield and the four screws holding the GPS PCB. In the top of the PCB you will see the GPS [patch] antenna.
If it is cracked then that is your problem. The antennas are cheap as in just a few bucks but you'll need solder skills and patience to replace.

You say you have little experience but nowadays there's lots of multi-media help out there.
If you search YouTube you'll find several videos which can guide you through antenna replacement, like this one:

But there are more and possibly better available.

The entire module is about $160 BTW.

Red LED on side??? Not sure.

Last edited:
Thank you very much I will get the top open and look I am hoping this is the problem. I got friend who's a sparky and can do any soldering. I'm now more worried about the missus finding out lol I only upgraded about a month ago

Ohhh. It's the one on the bottom, yes, you are correct.

Thankyou very much I have found a very good vid and a uk stockist of the antenna patch. Your help has been much appreciated. Just hope this is all that's wrong with the quad. I gotta sort the gimbal out next. The arm has moved about 1 mm up so it can't counter the yaw. But one thing at a time

WP_20150724_001.jpg

Well done.
Now get a hold of Sparky.!!!

If you feel comfortable you can fly in Atti. until it's repaired but it must remain in and connected to allow operation.

Reactions: whackyscientist

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4