Gps Locator

Reaction score
I bought a new vision v3 after I lost my vision v2 last week. What gps trackers/locators do you have fitted to your unit. What is the best available gps out there. I would prefer a gps with it's own battery so that it will broadcast for longer. Also I'm going to attach florescent strips to make it easier to spot at night under torch light. Im also going to look at water proofing after a while. Very expensive lessons learned :-( .

gingericeman said:
I bought a new vision v3 after I lost my vision v2 last week. What gps trackers/locators do you have fitted to your unit. What is the best available gps out there. I would prefer a gps with it's own battery so that it will broadcast for longer. Also I'm going to attach florescent strips to make it easier to spot at night under torch light. Im also going to look at water proofing after a while. Very expensive lessons learned :-( .

Just do a search of this forum for GPS trackers - lots of discussions on it (recent ones even) -

Also - where did you lose it? did you lose in water? - you might want to add your location to your profile so people around you can offer help etc.

I tried one or two but settled on this :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251695104932? ... EBIDX%3AIT

It is light, small, good on battery use, and it works.

Send it a text to get a google maps URL (or a fallback to LBS if no GPS). Also possible to check the battery level by text.

It allows uploads to a website, but I have not looked at that.

Best of all, if you are hunting a lost quad and you get within a few metres of it, you can telephone the tracker and it rings.

Last edited:
Very good you are installing some type of tracker on the machine(s). This would be good in a non cell phone area. The only possible problem is a stated distance from the manufacturer or dealer. They always over state the distance signals can or will travel. Best you do extensive testing before you rely on this unit and purchase from a dealer that allows returns.
As for the girlfriend, just chain her to the kitchen table. ;)

Better yet ..just try one of them out on her and if it works then your good ! Unless you find her where she's not supposed to be and then you might not beable to fly your birds ;)

If the drone went out of range I would have a decent idea of what direction to drive in and the transmitter would Bing when close enough. It was this or 2 flytrek systems, but the flytrek cost alot more and weighs more also, I'm keeping in mind weight for my planned sony rx100mk3 &gimbal.

As regards the girlfriend she's a keeper I reckon, bought me 100 rounds of 303 ammo for my Lee Enfield for Valentines :-D I'll keep the tracker just incase :p

I still have an RF-V16. I still cant figure out how to operate it and there are not many tutorials out there that explain the whole thing. Hell I couldnt even create an account on my mobile. I was able to online I think but when I used the info to log in my mobile it didnt work. I ordered another brand and plan on sending the RF back. I do like the features on the RF better than the one I ordered so if I can figure out how to operate it then I will keep it. I also have vorizon and it wont work on their network so I may be out of luck anyway

gingericeman said:
If the drone went out of range I would have a decent idea of what direction to drive in and the transmitter would Bing when close enough. It was this or 2 flytrek systems, but the flytrek cost alot more and weighs more also, I'm keeping in mind weight for my planned sony rx100mk3 &gimbal.

As regards the girlfriend she's a keeper I reckon, bought me 100 rounds of 303 ammo for my Lee Enfield for Valentines :-D I'll keep the tracker just incase :p
Sounds like one :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik