GPS location in Assistant software?

Reaction score
What does Ocm mean in boxes for GPS location in Assistant software? All other data seems to be available in 3.0 version and I'm quite happy about restoration of water crash P2V salvage. I'm not even thinking about test flying this unit until all issues are resolved to my satisfaction. I'm in no hurry to experience a flyaway/crash after so much diligence.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,

Jim

If I understand you correctly then it's a hangover from the full standalone NAZA... If you build your own quad/hexa then as part of the setup you need to tell the flight controller how far away from the centre of gravity the GPS/Compass puck is (in X,Y & Z). The Phantom range uses a separate compass module and a fixed GPS unit in the shell and those positions are fixed and so the details are baked into the firmware so it's not necessary to adjust them - and it's also necessary to make sure the compass goes back into the right place if you ever remove it.

I plugged the compass into the GPS unit in the shell, as advised by one of the "Pilots". A compass calibration gives green lights in both horizontal and vertical positions, so it seems as though the compass is functioning. In the Assistant software, the GPS location shows Ocm in all three boxes, (X, Y,and Z axis boxes). Should there be numbers instead?

Thanks pull_up!

Jim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic