GPS issues

Reaction score
Hi folks

Today I flew the phantom and even with a clear sky I still got the double red flash

I know its affected by the environment but this is not right as it was a clear sky during both flights

Is it possible the GPS antenna is bad?

I know it came from us hobby in California to me here in Tennessee but I doubt that the transit could have damaged it(not sure yet)

I wonder if using a external GPS antenna will work

What have you done prior to the flight?

Do the compass dance
Use the software to do an advanced imu calibration while it is plugged in
Go outside, turn on the remote, make sure both switches are on the up position.
plug the battery, do not move the phantom.

Wait.
You should get to a blinking green light only.
If not, wait.

Don't fly it until you get the single green light.

ericdes said:
What have you done prior to the flight?

Do the compass dance
Use the software to do an advanced imu calibration while it is plugged in
Go outside, turn on the remote, make sure both switches are on the up position.
plug the battery, do not move the phantom.

Wait.
You should get to a blinking green light only.
If not, wait.

Don't fly it until you get the single green light.

The only thing in the list I haven't done is the Imu calibration everything else is spot on

I made the mistake of taking off before I got the blinking green light for the home lock

I landed and redid the take off after I got the flashing green

Though my GPS signal still only reads 5 sats most of the time(did get 6 once) as I get the double red flashes (every flight has been with clear days with no clouds in sight and no wind

general01 said:
Hi folks

Today I flew the phantom and even with a clear sky I still got the double red flash

I know its affected by the environment but this is not right as it was a clear sky during both flights

check with your phone how many satellites can be "attached"/seen and keep in mind something US army introduces errors in GPS (on android there is a very good app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ss.gpstest)

antpoli said:
general01 said:
Hi folks

check with your phone how many satellites can be "attached"/seen and keep in mind something US army introduces errors in GPS (on android there is a very good app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ss.gpstest)

I have a ios device(iPhone 5)

antpoli said:
general01 said:
I have a ios device(iPhone 5)

I think also on iOS you can find such app "GPStest"

found it thanks

now to figure out the drifting issue i have(its wated to drift for the last two flights)and i will be all set

odd thing is no i can't adjust the hight and distance limits everything else is ok(i think)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl