GPS Issues / Troubleshooting

Reaction score
I wanted to paint my Phantom 2. So I carefully took it apart and put it back together. During the process, I had to unhook three components. The two components on the skid legs, ( I believe one is compass related and the other is a buss component) and i had to unplug the connection from the component in the top of the phantom that plugs into the main board. I believe the component in the top is the GPS sensor? Anyway I unplugged that unit from the main board at the main board.

After I put it all back together, I did the compass reorientation rotation and that worked find, but I can't get the Phantom 2 to find enough satelites to enter the GPS mode. All it does is blink the slow yellow LED's. Is there any initialization process I need to do to the GPS system or is there something else I may have missed?

Slow yellow blinking indicates you are in ATTI mode or possibly the transmitter is off.

Do you have your Phantom in Phantom or Naza mode?

Thank you for your reply.

Transmitter was on. And it must have been communicating with it because I had to toggle the S1 switch to calibrate the compass and that worked. I left the S1 switch all the way up afterwards which is supposed to be the GPS mode. I have not tried to 'update' the software. I may try that later tonight.

Any other suggestions?

It is in Phantom mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub