GPS Fix second time

Reaction score
I just wanted to give my story about the GPS fix http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=31054&hilit=fix+satellite

Sure this has fixed a million satellite issues but was just the opposite in my case. I ordered the exact parts and followed the instructions, even wrapped the exposed wire in the copper tape. The following video is after the fix and you can see when I turned on the video, the satellite count went way down. Once again I am not knocking this fix in any way, just wanted to share my story if someone else has this issue.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB_oxPVFEks[/youtube]

My satellites always did very good either just flying around or recording up the air, it is winter time and being stuck inside I decided to make a few upgrades like this fix and the connector fix while I had it apart.
After i removed all the kapton and copper tape and brought the wire back out from under the factor pad, I did the following to the edges only. Not sure if this is helping any but my satellites are back to normal now.

Now when I turn the video on while flying, my satellites stay at 7 - 9. Not sure why mine would be any different but this fix most certainly did not help on my ver. 2.0.

Happy Flying

For a Sure thing fix, I would just relocate the UAV's Wifi video antennas to the outside. I did this and in the process removed the small square antennas. I literately spent 10 dollars on the MMCX connectors, and 10 or so on the two antennas. Not to mention better video signal also.

KYnewbie, did you wrap the exposed section of the GPS cable with foil tape when you did the original mod too? If not, you should.

Here are some photos of the version 3:

a7353864-28-P2V-3.jpg

a7353863-92-P2V-2.jpg

Jeff48920, you could run into the same issue with that product since it does not address the exposed GPS cable.

Bluethundr said:
For a Sure thing fix, I would just relocate the UAV's Wifi video antennas to the outside. I did this and in the process removed the small square antennas. I literately spent 10 dollars on the MMCX connectors, and 10 or so on the two antennas. Not to mention better video signal also.

Is there a YT video or thread on this? I have seen the stage 1 - 3 kits but they are more than $20.00. Do you have a parts list?

msinger said:
KYnewbie, did you wrap the exposed section of the GPS cable with foil tape when you did the original mod too? If not, you should.

I did wrap the short piece of exposed wire in the copper tape.

Now that the wire is back out with nothing wrapped around it, my satellites hold the same when recording or not recording video.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj