GPS drops out

Reaction score
Hi. I'm completely new to drones and have purchased a phantom 3 standard. I find that with every flight lasting about 10 minutes it will loose gps and go to atti mode about 3 times. Only last about 3 to 6 seconds. Is this normal?

Hi Paul
No what you describe is not normal, however more information is needed, you can upload your flight data to www.HeathlyDrones.com where it can be shared then analysed and a reason for your drop-outs may become apparent.
Regards
Waylander

Reactions: Paul H
I'm definitely no expert but you may want to check the top line of your Go App and look for the little airplane and the vertical lines next to it. Check the little number at the nose of the little airplane and see how many GPS satellites you are reaching. It should be above 7 if I remember correctly. Perhaps you are in an area where GPS signals are not strong. Looking at mine while i write this, I'm connected to 11. It would appear that if you aren't connected to enough satellites, there might be a drop out.

I'm definitely no expert but you may want to check the top line of your Go App and look for the little airplane and the vertical lines next to it. Check the little number at the nose of the little airplane and see how many GPS satellites you are reaching. It should be above 7 if I remember correctly. Perhaps you are in an area where GPS signals are not strong. Looking at mine while i write this, I'm connected to 11. It would appear that if you aren't connected to enough satellites, there might be a drop out.

Most times I have 10. It never shows a colour though, always grey not green as the manual says

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic