GPS display would be REALLY nice

Reaction score
I hope that somehow DJI reviews this site (and other like it) to pick up what it's users really can use!

I have a large pasture to survey. Online maps give me lat/long coordinates for the property corners; I would really like the DJI GO app to at least show the current, real-time lat/long coordinates. I would then be able to fly exactly to the property corners. I am discovering the waypoint capability, and not being able to see lat/long seems like a terrible oversight.

I do not want to go to another provider; I really like DJI GO. I would not be interested in Litchi, I just prefer staying with the manufacturer apps.

I have searched pretty thoroughly here and I have not seen any way to display lat/long onscreen on the GO app. I would love to be proven wrong!

Calhoun Ranger

If you have Cellular connection or pre loaded maps in the GO app the depicted AC position on the map should serve your needs, esp given as you need to pre fly and enter the waypoints accurately. Despite your loyalty to DJI's app offering I suspect ultimately you will be better served by the 3rd party offerings for this application.

I have a large pasture to survey. Online maps give me lat/long coordinates for the property corners; I would really like the DJI GO app to at least show the current, real-time lat/long coordinates. I would then be able to fly exactly to the property corners. I am discovering the waypoint capability, and not being able to see lat/long seems like a terrible oversight.
You mention having to survey a large pasture but what exactly are you wanting to do?
I'm not sure that having a bunch of numbers on the screen would really be much help.
There are a few other things you could use to help.
The Go app allows you to draw on the map to provide visual guides.
If you just want to know when you are in/out of the the area of interest, this visual method is very good.
You can see where your Phantom is within the property and guide it around.
i-tFtKHhG-L.png

Or if you have to position your Phantom at precise points, Litchi is very good.
It also allows you to repeat the exact flight any time.
i-PBH3FxD-L.png

Or if you really want to do a proper survey, you'll want to use something like DroneDeploy to accurately fly a grid and shoot many photos with a precise overlap so you can produce a proper orthophoto map.
i-wPMwsk8-L.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much for a very well-thought out response.

The biggest part of my problem is that two corners of the tract are covered in nondescript woods, so I can't see the fences or posts. Tract maps give me the GPS coordinates; if I could see the drone GPS coordinates on the screen, I would know exactly when I was over a property corner.

I don't need a formal survey, just wanting to video the property lines.

Going to Litchi makes me nervous. I know a lot of people do it, but my ignorance of Litchi makes me tend to avoid it. Seems like there would be all sorts of issues with feature differences and/or warranty issues, etc.

Calhoun Ranger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20