GPS coordinates from Flight Log??

Reaction score
I was afraid to try RTH on my new drone- P3S- for the first several weeks. No reason, just a fear of the unknown. It turns out my fears were well founded.
I took it up about 100 feet and moved to the NE about 75 feet. Then I pressed the RTH on the remote and moved the slider to the right. It started OK as the drone started back but soon I noticed it was coming down on a tree about 30 feet from the take off spot. I raised it up and tried to maneuver it toward the intended landing site. Nothing. Control was lost. I flipped the left switch many times. Nothing. I just disappeared in the distance.
After 2 weeks of searching, I was told a flight log exists on my phone. How would I know about this? Anyway, the log showed a meandering path to the crash site 1/4 mile to the north. Fortunately, I have a deep back yard and I recognized an island with an unusual shape at the crash site. I walked back to that location and there it was- in pieces, of course.
Now for my question. I found it because of the unique terrain. Is there a way to get the GPS coordinates from the flight log so I could use my hand held GPS receiver to conduct the search?

The TXT flight log stored on your mobile device will contain the coordinates up until the point where the Phantom's downlink disconnects from the remote controller. You can upload and view the TXT flight log online here. You'll find a link to download a CSV file that will contain all of the recorded coordinates.

Now for my question. I found it because of the unique terrain. Is there a way to get the GPS coordinates from the flight log so I could use my hand held GPS receiver to conduct the search?
As msinger says, you can get the GPS coordinates for every 1/10th of a second of the flight.
But if you post a link to the report it provides, someone here will probably be able to find an explanation for the incident to help you in future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik