Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. r62ewa

Is it possible to get some sort of GPS enabled bracelet or tracker to enable Follow Me if no cell service is available? I do not have the option for cell service but would like to utilize the Follow Me feature as it seems you can increase distance from your subject further than ActiveTrack.

Being my first drone I figured the RC would have GPS so the AC could follow the controller but I've learned only the Inspire has this capability.

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Most people are using bluetooth GPS receivers -- like the Garmin GLO. You can find some other commonly used GPS receivers here.

3. johnbowen

App, RC and AC do not require cell service. Only advantage of cell service is maps will update w ur location.

4. r62ewa

Yes, but Follow Me is not possible with just the App, RC and AC if you do not have cell service in your iphone/ipad or other device.

5. sar104

If the tablet has GPS built in, or if you are using a phone, then you don't need cell service for the GPS to work. You only need a separate GPS unit if your device does not include a GPS receiver, such as a non-cellular iPad.

6. msinger

Approved Vendor

You don't need cell service to use those features. All you need is a GPS receiver in your mobile device.

7. r62ewa

Thanks for clearing that up. I am using a Ipad Mini 2 non-cellular.

8. sar104

OK - then you will need a Bluetooth-linked GPS receiver, such as the Bad Elf or equivalent.

9. r62ewa

Thanks for the quick responses guys. Great help as always. Anyone know the distance these devices are good for using the Follow Me mode?