GPS Bracelet?

Reaction score
Is it possible to get some sort of GPS enabled bracelet or tracker to enable Follow Me if no cell service is available? I do not have the option for cell service but would like to utilize the Follow Me feature as it seems you can increase distance from your subject further than ActiveTrack.

Being my first drone I figured the RC would have GPS so the AC could follow the controller but I've learned only the Inspire has this capability.

Most people are using bluetooth GPS receivers -- like the Garmin GLO. You can find some other commonly used GPS receivers here.

App, RC and AC do not require cell service. Only advantage of cell service is maps will update w ur location.

App, RC and AC do not require cell service. Only advantage of cell service is maps will update w ur location.

Yes, but Follow Me is not possible with just the App, RC and AC if you do not have cell service in your iphone/ipad or other device.

If the tablet has GPS built in, or if you are using a phone, then you don't need cell service for the GPS to work. You only need a separate GPS unit if your device does not include a GPS receiver, such as a non-cellular iPad.

You don't need cell service to use those features. All you need is a GPS receiver in your mobile device.

Thanks for the quick responses guys. Great help as always. Anyone know the distance these devices are good for using the Follow Me mode?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic