GPS battery.

Reaction score
With all the other problems so carefully designed into the Phantom, I wonder just how long the little button cell battery on the GPS board will last before it sends then Phantom off on a unplanned flight. . . if it lasts long enough for that battery to go flat? :roll:

I think some of these batteries ship flat. They're not used at all in flight, and the only real benefit is being able to slightly shorten gps acquisition times when swapping batteries in the same flying session (they only store basic almanac when the phantom is unpowered).

ya when it goes dead it just causes it to take longer when you first power up the phantom to get the gps lock and give you your green lights.

That's good to hear, I swapped out my Phantom 2/NAZA FC to a NAZA-M V2 in an attempt to do away with the battery issues of the Phantom 2 and thats when I noticed the little button cell battery. Since its welded in there doesn't appear to be a way to replace it when it goes. I did measure mine and it was at 2.21 v

I'm just speaking from memory but I think it goes flat if it's under 1.8v.

I have an older Phantom 1 and I still get ephemeris and almanac retained between battery charges so mine is still good...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl