GPS and Nvidia Shield

Reaction score
Hi, I bought an Nvidia Shield to use with my Phantom 4 remote control and DJI Go. My concern is that whenever I am preparing for a flight, GPS map are never correctly shown unless I connect my iPhone 6s internet with my tablet. I was told this tablet has built in GPS so why doesn't work on its own ?

You need an Internet connection in order to download the maps. Or, you can cache them before you head out to fly like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

whenever I am preparing for a flight, GPS map are never correctly shown unless I connect my iPhone 6s internet with my tablet. I was told this tablet has built in GPS so why doesn't work on its own ?
GPS only provides position data. It does not provide maps.
Google maps used in the app provides the maps and uses the position data from the GPS to show where you are.

You can use an app for the Iphone that allows it to become an internet "hotspot" and then connect the NVidia Tablet to the Iphone's Hotspot. That way the map data will be downloaded through the Iphone and "passed" to the NVidia Android tablet. I am probably heading in that direction myself and selling my Ipad Cellular / GPS capable device. Just want the speed of the NVidia Shield tablet and the HDMI output that the Shield provides!!!! The output coupled with First Person Glasses or Headset makes for a wonderful experience from what I have read.

GPS only provides position data. It does not provide maps.
Google maps used in the app provides the maps and uses the position data from the GPS to show where you are.

Yeah but since I have Google Maps installed on my tab and downloaded offline map of my country, and a gps enabled device, then why the sum isnt adding up ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers