GPS and GLONASS

No. You'll need to get the P3A/P3P if you want GLONASS too.

Reactions: Slow Polk
Neither the Standard or the 4k use GLONASS. At this time only the Advanced & Pro have that additional feature. ;)

Thanks. Was just trying to figure out why my Phantom 3 Standard will lock into GPS and fly in my front field and my Yuneec Q500 4K will not get a lock on GPS. Very strange. I do have large fir trees all around me but have about 3 ac that have a clear line of sight. The Q500 does fine when I take it to the high school about 3 miles away. I am out side the 5 mile radius of any airport. No military installation within 100 miles. I am in a power chair and some of the guys at Yuneec forum think that may be interfering with the Lock. Just trying to figure out why one will work and the other will not. Thanks for your help.

I wouldn't think GPS would be affected by your chair... think about how many automobiles have GPS in them. Does your phone connect good at home? Also, there are apps that will tell you about the strength of the GPS in your area.

I use GPSplan on my iOS device.

Very good points sir. I don't have any issues with my iPhone while I am in my chair, so that may rule that issue out. I will check out GPSplan. Thanks.

Or...
You could have purchased a Ublox M8N for your standard and upgraded to a 32bit GPS and compass for about $40
(While under warranty this might not be an option, however)

Honestly I don't see much difference in satellite count here in the Midwest between my P3P and my other phantoms without GLONASS.

So you can't get 16 sats with your P3P ?
Use your cell phone and a GPS tracking app to see if the sats are available.
I use AndroiTS GPS TEST because it shows Glonass Sats
Could be your P3P antenna or GPS is not working 100%
Or...maybe there's a GPS coverage "hole" where you are

In some areas it makes more difference.
I gained a consistent increase in satellites received....every flight when I changed to the Ublox Glonass M8N.
16 satellites is what I now get with my P1 - 99% of the time.
I get that also with my P3A

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj