GPC P3 hard case not a good fit

Reaction score
I have the GP backpack,even though it has alot of stupid stuff (the shot gun shell holders,the velcro thats for ??? the buckles for the front (which I just put in the shot gun shell holders to keep the front closed) The P3 fits well with ipad 2 and options .It serves its purpose ,and I'll keep it .The only thing I can compare it to is the Kazoom backpack. It was a good case but was not made for the P3 (arms did not sit on the foam,arms touched the Ipad 2) so I sent that back.
Now I just got the GP hard case ...Thats going back. The P3 is a tight fit(might lossen up after some use)
Theres are dead spaces that could have had better use,The Ipad 2 sits to high so the right front prop will have to come off to close the case.(I will try to post picture )
Even with the Ipad out off the case ,with the props on ,and you close the lid,It bends the props down(enough so that it makes me uncomfortable so I wont do it.) I can see both front props get bent down ,,so I assume the backs are the same.
I believe the next will be the Micro raptor or open for suggestions

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 417
I like my Pelican iM2600 for Phantom 3. It fits all the stuff I have (so far) and while my iPad sits proud of the foam like yours, the lid has enough room to accommodate it.

IMG_1225_zpsprmurf9o.jpg

IMG_1220_zpspmflyx6n.jpg

duse500, storing props on in any case is not a good idea. The foam in the lid will no doubt put some kind of pressure on the props. Perhaps the pressure will not be enough to deform the props -- but, only time will tell.

If you're determined to store your Phantom with the props on, then you should definitely look into getting the Microraptor Pro case. It has solid supports to help prop up the foam in the lid. Other cases (Go Professional included) have flimsy foam supports.

Last edited:
duse500, storing props on in any case is not a good idea. The foam in the lid will no doubt put some kind of pressure on the props. Perhaps the pressure will not be enough to deform the props -- but, only time will tell.

If you're determined to store your Phantom with the props on, then you should definitely look into getting the Microraptor Pro case. It has solid supports to help prop up the foam in the lid. Other cases (Go Professional included) have flimsy foam supports.

What I did with my pelican case was lay a large newspaper advertisement across the bird and then shut the case. When I opened it I saw that one of the motor axles punched through the paper. That told me that at least one prop would be warped while in the case, so no props for me in the case,

Weird. I have the iPad mini and all fits nicely in my GPC. Prop on the front left is close, but doesn't touch

I realize that. But the prop does not get pinched in my case. Couple of thoughts. Could you cut out another level on that compartment to make the iPad fit? I was also looking at mine the other night and for the life of me I don't know why they wouldn't put the copter in the dead center. I figured if I ever ran into the problem of the prop hitting, I would cut a sliver of the foam out of the left of the case and transplant it on the right, thus moving the whole bird to the left

I realize that. But the prop does not get pinched in my case. Couple of thoughts. Could you cut out another level on that compartment to make the iPad fit? I was also looking at mine the other night and for the life of me I don't know why they wouldn't put the copter in the dead center. I figured if I ever ran into the problem of the prop hitting, I would cut a sliver of the foam out of the left of the case and transplant it on the right, thus moving the whole bird to the left

My props do not get pinched either. The only problem is the iPad and it isn't a big deal since it isn't putting a ton of pressure. Since the Phantom fits snug in the foam, I can set it to where it isn't touching the iPad while still being held securely. Thanks for the suggestions. If it does end up becoming a problem, it will be something to consider.

Yes ,at times ,I will be leaving props on.
as much as the props are in contact with the top foam,I'm pretty certain the GPC will deform the props.
Yes I could also cut out some of the bottom of the IPAD slot so it will sit lower.
I could also cut some of the foam off the lid so there's no pressure on the props.
I could also make up my own solid supports instead of using the foam ones that come with the GPC.
I just dont see why I should have to:confused:
Going to give the Micro Raptor a shot

Question. Does anyone think it would be an issue with the iPad, which has a magnet below it's screen, being stored in a case so close to the compass on the P3?

Reactions: JoBe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.