Gotta see this, Epic drone recovery from 170 foot tall cross!!

We did it, first attempt was an adrenaline rush like crazy. Hope you enjoy. Us phantom guys saving the quad racers lol.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Awesome

Great vid
Masterful pilotage
I would not have thought it possible to recover the quad. Just before you were descending the capture device began to really shake-was that because of turblance from the air around the cross?

Anyone looking for an awesome rescue claw can buy one from my eBay store: Rescue Claw Grabber Hook - NO POWER NEEDED! Use With Drones Or Any RC Product | eBay
It's a really cool setup without the need for a servo or any moving parts, just simply lower claw down over item you want to pick up and it opens over it once it makes contact and with lift grabs on with amazing holding power. I fly it around with my mavic for fun!

Dude...pretty ingenious! What is the total weight of the claw and what are the black parts made out of....fiberglass? They look laser cut.

A little pricey for me but I don't blame you. Nice job! I'm saving you on eBay. ;)

IMG_1494710548.615099.jpg

Where's a good place to fly a drone in Orange Park or Jacksonville Florida beside the beach

What is the lifting capacity of the P3 pro?
I'm trying to imagine how you hooked the prop. Did you pull the hanger across from an outside corner towards the middle?
I keep thinking that the hanger would just spin away without hooking- but obviously not....
As said- We'll Done! Very cool.

We did it, first attempt was an adrenaline rush like crazy. Hope you enjoy. Us phantom guys saving the quad racers lol.

WOW, amazing. I thought the cross/area looked familiar, then saw the title. Passed by there twice a day for MANY years. Thanx for sharing!

Towards the end of your video I see what looks like your ground station. What is your setup on the tripod? I have been trying to figure out a good way to set up a base so I can get my controller off my neck strap. BTW, very awesome recovery and video! I have been researching recover options, using my P4P, for my RC cars when they flip 100 yards away. Save some walking.

That is cool...

Also curious why you launched from so far, but also that the return flight was over the pond! LOL!

Great recovery. How did the victim get stranded up there?
Thinking same thing. With recovery you don't fly over water and you drop down as low as you can and as soon as you can. What's the point of resue if it drops 2ppft into water or a parking lot. No coming back from that.

I've lifted thousands of loads over the years first with piston powered helicopters and then with turbine (jet) powered helicopters but always using a 125' to 250' lift cable. With a long cable if you get hit with a high wind gust you could reposition the helicopter before it affected the load. I commend you for what and how you did the recovery!!! Well done!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31