Gotta admit, DJI nailed this one with the plus.

Reaction score
going back and watching my old stock phantom vision videos and my vision videos with a 2 axis gimbal and there is no comparison. the plus blows it to pieces. my only complaint is not yet having the 7ch tilt level on the vision plus...that and the rotors in the video when going against hard wind. other than that, this thing is rock solid. getting 2000 ft. plus with only a TPLINK 6dbi antenna on the transmitter side...stock wifi extender. im impressed. :mrgreen:

I feel the video quality of the PV2+ is not as good as the PV2+ ? thoughts? seems like the previous camera had better colors, light etc?

lilwheat said:
tebowner said:
I feel the video quality of the PV2+ is not as good as the PV2+ ? thoughts?
I would have to think they're very similar, if not identical. :D

tebowner said:
you would think ...but its a diff camera

Think somebody missed something ...

Visioneer said:
lilwheat said:
tebowner said:
I feel the video quality of the PV2+ is not as good as the PV2+ ? thoughts?
I would have to think they're very similar, if not identical. :D

tebowner said:
you would think ...but its a diff camera

Think somebody missed something ...
I tried. My wife misses my jokes pretty often as well. Did I say misses? I meant ignores. :D

To give an opinion on that actual question, I was unimpressed with sample footage from the Vision compared to my P1 w/ Hero3 Black on the H3-2D. Once I saw the promo video for the PV2+, I sold my P1 and everything that went with it. I'm a GoPro guy, I have 3 of them and I use them for a lot of other things besides on the Phantom. Once I saw that the Vision Plus would feature a camera that was 'close' to the quality of the Hero, I thought it would be much better for me.

Had a flyaway with the Phantom V1 early on, I think I was more upset that I lost my Hero 3 though. Both were recovered.

PV2+ is absolutely wonderful. I had the Phantom Vision and it's no comparison. This video is so smooooooooth compared to my P2V. My P2V would've never been able to make smooth video like this.

http://youtu.be/XlDBioFQV_Y

I had a P2V for a couple weeks and sent it back and got the Plus. I've been comparing videos between the two and the two things I noticed are 1) the PV2+ is WAY smoother...a quantum leap over the P2V and 2) the P2V+ camera seems to have more contrast and more saturated colors. I haven't messed with the settings...that's next.

I agree! Had the P2V of two weeks. Flew it with great joy some 1h every day. The best I could do was this: http://youtu.be/D7HBg03AvPQ
Sold it to get the P2V+ that is being delivered soon. Can´t wait to re-shoot everything I did already with the P2V. :-D

runkittygogogo said:
I had a P2V for a couple weeks and sent it back and got the Plus. I've been comparing videos between the two and the two things I noticed are 1) the PV2+ is WAY smoother...a quantum leap over the P2V and 2) the P2V+ camera seems to have more contrast and more saturated colors. I haven't messed with the settings...that's next.

Yes, it should be a hell of a lot smoother. Your going from a no gimbal (tilt only) to a 3 axis gimbal

tebowner said:
i agree but my PV2+ is giving me this wave in many parts and its random

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oH5IPn0B-A

look at around 1:49, 1:57, 2:04

I just think that is weird looking and i cant figure out why. I was told by DJI to update the firmware but when i tried it seem up to date already

Looks like some Jello on the new Vision Plus. Nice to see its not just the P2 with the 3D gimbal guys have it.

I know its smoother than the PV2 but the PV2+ definite;ly has jello or waves ... obviously the PV2+ with gimbal is better than PV2 but i cant seem to get this jello gone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic