Got tired of losing my Phantom

Reaction score
... In the sky... And since the complementary color of blue is orange...

Looks even brighter under the fish-tank LEDs

I've got a replacement bottom half still to paint but I think i'll stick with this for now :D

Attachments

• DSC04488-Crop.jpg
    DSC04488-Crop.jpg
    745.9 KB · Views: 877
  • DSC04490-Crop.jpg
    DSC04490-Crop.jpg
    701.3 KB · Views: 893
Madwak said:
I take it you are going to be flying upside down from now on then? :)

I'm prepping the bottom half for spraying at the moment, but think I like the look of it as is.

Just took it out for a spin and it looks great. I just love orange (colour and fruit)

X1 inspired paint job, just not ready to call it 'Glamorous Glennis' yet.

Attachments

• DSC04503-Resize.jpg
    DSC04503-Resize.jpg
    946.6 KB · Views: 619
  • DSC04498-Resize.jpg
    DSC04498-Resize.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 642
Onezerosix141 said:
What kind of paint are you using?

I tried a bunch of fluro paints (rustoleum, humbrol and some other local brands). They were a disaster. I've become a master of stripping paint off with solvent. Settled on tamiya ps24 (http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/pain...rbonate)-61700/ps-24-fluorescent-orange-86024) which for inside poly-carb shells but gives the best colour finish. Two light coats with polishing in between. Clear gloss coat would make it tougher but also dulls the fluro. I think paint scratches are the least of my worries if / when i crash it. I'm happy with the fluro matt finish. Added less than 1 gram to the shell weight and caused no issues with the GPS.

I don't see the value of painting the top, but I like the landing struts that color. I'd add some to the bottom of the shell somehow - that is how I usually lose sight of mine. And yes, we Orioles fans do like that!

Read first then comment.... He say's right in the first post he's got a "replacement bottom half yet to paint" & in the eighth post, "I'm prepping the bottom half for spraying at the moment"
Forget about the "Value" it's all about the "detail"..
Looks great my friend.. this don't come by just opening your wallet...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers