Got rid of "HERE" maps

Reaction score
Replaced DJIGO 3.1.0 with 2.9.1. Flew it today. Cached map was there just like it used to be. Video was good. Didn't have any "No Signal" alerts(only flew out to 2500' 200' alt.) ALL IS WELL,,,,,,for now :D Thanks to all the great folks here willing to share their knowledge and experience. Gary

Replaced DJIGO 3.1.0 with 2.9.1. Flew it today. Cached map was there just like it used to be. Video was good. Didn't have any "No Signal" alerts(only flew out to 2500' 200' alt.) ALL IS WELL,,,,,,for now :D Thanks to all the great folks here willing to share their knowledge and experience. Gary
May I ask why it is you went backwards on DJIGO and what all specifically did it accomplish? Just curious as I have a P3P, six batteries, Itelite DBS02 and Maxxrange antennas, GL300A, GL300B(modified), Litchi and about 20 total hours flight time on my bird. A substantial investment. I have been seeing tons of firmware horror stories. I know nothing about this firmware subject, but am starting realize that it may behoove me to do so. Also, can you tell me why it is you settled on 2.9.1 vs another version. I have never had one single issue with my P3P(fingers crossed, prob just jinxed the **** out of myself) and love it. I am even about to pull the trigger on Evo Lite plus, which will ultimately lead to battery mod. I am figuring the law of averages is going to catch up with me sooner or later. Trying to make it later........lol. I know that is a lot to ask, but figured you may be willing to give back since you received :D

May I ask why it is you went backwards on DJIGO and what all specifically did it accomplish?
Per the title, the OP didn't like using HERE maps in DJI GO. Older versions of DJI GO do not use HERE maps.

Long story, but I'll be brief. As 'msinger' said, I didn't like the new 'here' maps,,,because in my situation they were just a green blob, and when I zoomed out, they were often centered in Ghana Africa.
It all started with "no signal' alerts. After a lot of trouble,(and a few RTH's) finally upgraded the DJIGO app to the latest version. That seemed to fix the initial problem. Apparently the app had gotten corrupted in my tab. But with the upgrade came the map with"Here" marked on it at my home location. After a tip from "OSO" in a post I created, I found that others were having problems with the new app as well. From what I read, others were having success with the 2.9.1 version, so I uninstalled, and replaced 3.1.0 with the 2.9.1.
If you haven't already, do a google search for "Here Maps" for info on how to do it. Good Luck, Good Flying,,,Gary
I have received far more than I can ever give back. Merry CHRISTmas

Thank you, I'll stick with the 2.9.1. What would be the advantage of the Here maps, or the update?. They got me once, it will be a while before they get me again:mad:
The advantage I found is that on my flight the screen didnt freeze. It was just the one flight so I need to do a few more before I can confirm that

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Im wondering is it really worth down grading to a older version? as one day you will need to update too the latest but like the rest i dont really like here maps as they are low rez compared to google maps, plus they are owned by BMW so i would off expect better....

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

="Coltpeacemaker, post: 1021837, member: 78248"]Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app[/QUOTE]
In my situation it was/is worth it. I had no map at all, just a green blob. I know I don't HAVE to have the map to fly, but it is very helpful when you lose video and get the "no signal" alerts like I was getting before I upgraded the app to 3.1. That seemed to have solved one problem and created at least one new one,,maybe more, remains to be seen. From now own, (unless I am forced) I will heed the advice of many of the experienced folks here on the forum and wait until I am forced to update, or there is proof of reliability, and new proven features that I think I need/want enough to take a chance on DJI.
Thanks again to all who share their knowledge and experience.

Reactions: Coltpeacemaker
For those who wanna know how to rollback versions, here's two quick and easy vids

iOS (Ipad/iphone)

Android
Are you saying that the new bad maps are in the iPad app? I use a mini. Is there something I need to do? Which app version is bad?

Reactions: Digdat0
Are you saying that the new bad maps are in the iPad app? I use a mini. Is there something I need to do? Which app version is bad?
Yes, it is my belief that DJI introducted the "Here Maps" in DJI Go version 3.1 in both iOS and Android. If you are on 3.1 or later, you have the Here maps. Any version under does not have them .. if you want a version in the 3.x UI, get 3.0.1, it seems decent and still has Google maps. I use 2.9.2 on my ipad.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why people have a hard time with the here maps. I mean it may be a bit blurry, but let's face it, if you can work out what is shown on the map, and it has the Name of the street does it really matter if it's blurry? To me as long as I can tell what the names of the streets are and the map follows the drone then a bit of blur is not a problem. 95% of the time your looking at the FPV anyway

Neon Euc

Reactions: HWCM
I'm not sure why people have a hard time with the here maps. I mean it may be a bit blurry, but let's face it, if you can work out what is shown on the map, and it has the Name of the street does it really matter if it's blurry? To me as long as I can tell what the names of the streets are and the map follows the drone then a bit of blur is not a problem. 95% of the time your looking at the FPV anyway

Neon Euc

I respect your thoughts
but in many areas building and roads are not there in map .
The pictures are many years old and many times do not reflect the current real world ground status.

Once you have HD tv its hard to go back to SD,,,,,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1