Got P3A back from DJI, should I glue under motors now?

Reaction score
Hi,
After purchasing P3A I opened box and I had cracks! I really didn't want to send back my $1,000 drone 2 DJI but I did because of the guys here on this group told me don't void the warranty.

I will get it back in a few days and my question is should I take the case apart and glue underneath the motors so I don't get cracks again(but I'm assuming my warranty won't be any good after this point)? Should I use the aluminum motor mounts? Or should I just let it go and if I get cracks again return it back to DJI under the warranty?

And I must say DJI has the worst customer service that I've ever seen in my life I have written them 4 times at the repair center they literally ignored my message and never wrote back to say sorry or take even responsibility for the cracks!!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Do you not consider replacing the shell as taking responsibility for the cracks? Or is it the apology you're after?

Folks here have had mixed experiences with DJI's customer service and we've heard many valid complaints. My own experience with a cracked P3P shell included customer service I'd rate as excellent. I dealt with the Southern California repair center.

I'd see how the new shell does. If it develops new cracks before the warranty expires, I'd send it in for a new airframe. And an apology.

Reactions: Randy2747
Personally I am not happy with returning a $1,000 drone as soon as I bought it. DJI has known about this Issue and has not Pulled their products from the shelf. Instead they pass this on to their customers.

I work for a world know manufacturer for 27 years and everyone in the building strives for quality and reputation! If and when we do make mistakes we call those items back and repair ASAP. I believe since they didn't pull their products they should at least make it right with their customers and apologize or even send them something for the inconveniece. I did not buy a expensive drone just to return it and not use it. I guess I would feel differently if I had it for 6 or 8 months but I was very excited to use this drone! Lol

I went through California repair service as well. I received generated email saying they got my email and they still never responded... In my opinion this is wrong way of doing any business.

Okay thx for the reply I appreciate it. Hopefully I won't get more cracks but from what I read I probably will :( and I also have read there is mixed emotions on those aluminum mounts for under motors.

On second thought, it doesn't make sense to make you deal with a repair right out of the box. Were you not able to simply exchange it for a different Phantom? Unless you flew it, they should have replaced, not repaired it.

Where did you buy it?
I'm on my 3rd shell. My P3P developed hairline motormount cracks after about a 11 months of frequent flying. DJI repaired it under warranty. My second shell was damaged two months later in an incident unrelated to flying. I replaced it with the 3rd shell myself. They cost $60 on Amazon.

A friend of mine got aluminum motormounts after his first shell replacement, but he hasn't had them long enough to know if they actually prevent cracks.

No the seller on Amazon said I had to go through the warranty service. Then I wrote repair and asked if they could just send me a shell and I would fix it.... But they only replied with a return label to print out... I was mad and excited to fly so I took outside and flew it a couple times before sending it to them.

3rd shell! Wow! I ordered the plast-aid and I am half tempted when I receive my drone to open it up and reinforce the plastic As I seen on a video on YouTube to prevent all this in the future. Or I could take the chance and get motor mounts so it doesn't void warranty. Guess this is probably the better option since the Drone is new.

I hope it works out for your friend, some people say it works, others state it didn't work... I guess it depends how hard you fly and if it's crashed

My second shell was damaged in an incident not related to flying. I had done a transplant before with my P2V+. The P3 is easier because of the single circuit board.

I'm going to keep an eye on shell #3.

Another annoying aspect about a shell replacement: I wish I could buy just a bottom half. And I wish it came with new stickers. I like the silver stripes of the P3A better than the gold P3P.

I'm making a generalization here, based on living in China and extensive travel. The Chinese have a different definition of customer service (and etiquette.)

DJI's customer services has shown great improvements over the past few years. They build incredible products and have seen phenomenal growth. Like similar companies that have experienced exponential growth, their customer service, and other, functions are playing catch-up.

Hopefully they continue to work on their customer service fast... I can only speak for myself but I will take my business elsewhere and already have consider it... I have said to my family and friends many times that I don't mind paying a bit extra for great customer experience... Reputation and word of mouth is the best thing for any company [emoji38]

Reactions: Numone
Yes, but when we're talking about drones, where else would you go? My drone buddy heard great things about 3DR's customer service, so when it was time to upgrade from his P2 he went with the 3DR Solo.

It was an inferior product, and he got to experience 3DR's excellent customer service again and again.

There are no other drones on the market I would consider for my needs than a DJI Phantom or Mavic.

Sorry to hear this if they are worse then DJI... I have never seen a business ignore a customer especially when they are in the wrong.... But I guess it could always be worse and DJI never even send a return label [emoji2] lol

Spoke to 38 people and spent 19 hours on the phone to them... and it was their buggy billing system that caused them to fail to take money from my account to pay our daughters bill. So they cut her off... well, you would, wouldn't you? Oh they also charged her for items she neither required nor requested. Well, it was only £5 more a month per service... what's that between friends? Oh yes, today they've charged our son for international service... yes, ok I know, it's only £5.... but it's already included in his bundle! You get my drift. These "errors" are deliberate human interventions, unless their billing system has become sentient of course...

Spoke to 38 people and spent 19 hours on the phone to them... and it was their buggy billing system that caused them to fail to take money from my account to pay our daughters bill. So they cut her off... well, you would, wouldn't you? Oh they also charged her for items she neither required nor requested. Well, it was only £5 more a month per service... what's that between friends? Oh yes, today they've charged our son for international service... yes, ok I know, it's only £5.... but it's already included in his bundle! You get my drift. These "errors" are deliberate human interventions, unless their billing system has become sentient of course...
**** that is crazy!! I wouldn't of been happy either.They should of contacted you to ask if you wanted the extra item repaired and charge you then.I figured DJI would of at least sent it two day shipping to me ....But I assumed wrong!!

Yes, but when we're talking about drones, where else would you go? My drone buddy heard great things about 3DR's customer service, so when it was time to upgrade from his P2 he went with the 3DR Solo.

It was an inferior product, and he got to experience 3DR's excellent customer service again and again.

There are no other drones on the market I would consider for my needs than a DJI Phantom or Mavic.
I guess 3DR is a option thx I will check them out.Next time I will just probaby buy a shell and fix it myself since I got a taste of how bad DJI is...also I am exploring the avenue of building quadcopter racers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic