Got one! Close thread

Re: WANTED Phantom 1.1

Dilemma : two possibilities with one outcome.
I have an opportunity to purchase a Phantom from a local seller. It has a gimbal and all the stuff on it. Initially it was a lower cost because the video gear would be taken off. Now the seller is thinking of keeping the Phantom.
On the other hand I have found a site that has "refurbished" units that are $80.00 cheaper than new in the box.
So should I get the refurbished one? Just buy a new one or hope the local seller will sell at the original price?
I am asking for input in case anyone has ever purchased a refurbished unit. Or a used unit from a local seller. Things to look out for and to check out.
Thanks

Re: WANTED Phantom 1.1

I can only give you my personal experience.
I tried to buy a couple from people who put an ad in the classified section of this board, but either I got no response or it had already been sold and the ad had not been updated.
So I started looking online and saw that B&HPhoto had a used one that was showing as a V 1.2 for $359.00. I went ahead and registered an account and when I checked again, they also had a V 1.1.1 in the listing for $359.00, so I went ahead and bought it. The rated it on their site as a +8 condition. When it arrived, the only thing that looked used was the box. The Phantom itself was in perfect condition and had all the latest firmware installed. On the serial number sticker for the Phantom and the Transmitter both said they were a V 1.1.1. It has flown perfectly all 5 times I've flown it. Your mileage may vary.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers