Got my Replacement P2V from Amazon today!!

Reaction score
Well, folks, I received my new replacement P2V from Amazon today. I spent the afternoon performing the upgrade installing the stickers and charging the new batteries. The only thing left is to upgrade the control,r I run a MAC so i have to wait for my friend Danny(amrflyingdude) so I can use his windows partition to finalize the RC

I Activated the NAZA and preset the S1 third position to fail safe
I Took my bird out in front of my house and did my dance got the Sats and off i went... kept it low and somewhat short 50% discharge. I made slow maneuvers pitch yaw and bank gentle nice and easy landed and so far so good.
Second Flight was a little more aggressive climbed higher 200ft and at a distance of 250ft flew around at intermediate altitudes and activated the fail safe..And worked like a charm. IOC was also perfect.

Now here are my observations between the first and this new one:

1st unit Standing in front of my house i had experienced a lot of Wifi interuptions as well as FPV feed loss that accompanies it

Replacement Unit: wifi acquisition with in about 10sec of starting the camera had a rock solid connection and solid FPV at 30 fps (did not miss a beat even standing in the same spot as I did with the first one)
The handling characteristics felt so much smoother than the first unit (or at least it sure felt that way)

Now I am not going to rehash the firmware issue and what ever other crap is going on, Been there and we've all done that, but, I am now convinced that the first unit was bugged and to go as far as to say defective in so may ways or otherwise known as a lemon.
And I guess it took a fly away to confirm what I had started to suspect all along starting with the lack constant wifi drop outs issues and FPV instability.

As time passes I will get a little more aggressive with distance and altitude as more confidence with this replacement grows (baby steps sorta speak.

Lastly I'd like to give my deepest and sincere thanks to everyone that has taken the time to post their thoughts, tips and concerns on the first loss. Hopefully history will not repeat itself. This has been a learning experience.

Thanks all,

Richard

rfernandez said:
Well, folks, I received my new replacement P2V from Amazon today. I spent the afternoon performing the upgrade installing the stickers and charging the new batteries. The only thing left is to upgrade the control,r I run a MAC so i have to wait for my friend Danny(amrflyingdude) so I can use his windows partition to finalize the RC

I Activated the NAZA and preset the S1 third position to fail safe
I Took my bird out in front of my house and did my dance got the Sats and off i went... kept it low and somewhat short 50% discharge. I made slow maneuvers pitch yaw and bank gentle nice and easy landed and so far so good.
Second Flight was a little more aggressive climbed higher 200ft and at a distance of 250ft flew around at intermediate altitudes and activated the fail safe..And worked like a charm. IOC was also perfect.

Now here are my observations between the first and this new one:

1st unit Standing in front of my house i had experienced a lot of Wifi interuptions as well as FPV feed loss that accompanies it

Replacement Unit: wifi acquisition with in about 10sec of starting the camera had a rock solid connection and solid FPV at 30 fps (did not miss a beat even standing in the same spot as I did with the first one)
The handling characteristics felt so much smoother than the first unit (or at least it sure felt that way)

Now I am not going to rehash the firmware issue and what ever other crap is going on, Been there and we've all done that, but, I am now convinced that the first unit was bugged and to go as far as to say defective in so may ways or otherwise known as a lemon.
And I guess it took a fly away to confirm what I had started to suspect all along starting with the lack constant wifi drop outs issues and FPV instability.

As time passes I will get a little more aggressive with distance and altitude as more confidence with this replacement grows (baby steps sorta speak.

Lastly I'd like to give my deepest and sincere thanks to everyone that has taken the time to post their thoughts, tips and concerns on the first loss. Hopefully history will not repeat itself. This has been a learning experience.

Thanks all,

Richard

I like the baby steps part.

I've said this many times, we are DJI's test pilots, these quads come from factory to us with 0 flight time so we need to easily break these babies in.

I am not implying that interference was the cause, merely that the loss of wifi was the birds' way of saying this unit was completely defective. we still don't know what is causing these uncontrolled fly aways. Im my case maybe the weather radars inside the dome became active or the radar who knows..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20