Got My Phantom Back, BUT...

Reaction score
I sent my P3S off to Dji in California for repairs. I had a signal issue. I must say I'm pretty impressed with their turn around time on my repairs. They replaced the gimbal and remote. BUT...When I got it back Wednesday afternoon, I fired it up and 1) It went through the whole "Aircraft is warming up" thing. My drone never did that before, just started right up. 2) It seems to make more noises than it did before when it's sitting there turned on. 3) My gimbal and camera got pretty hot. This was not from a flight, mind you, just sitting there with it on and connected playing with some camera settings. Is this anything to worry about? I took it out for a short flight yesterday. It got the signal connection better than ever and had a perfect, flawless flight. The new noises and camera/gimbal heat is just kinda bugging me.

Gary, the warm up takes a couple of minutes for me too now. I am guessing it is with the app. It beeps and does stuff the whole time it is warming up. Then it stops when it is done warming up. My gimbal is warm sometimes also. I am not too worried with it since I haven't noticed any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Gary M
the heat is probabaly from the vps system...as far as aircraft warming up taking long....stick your phantom in the freezer for about ten minutes and run a cold IMU calibration. usualy this fixes AIRCRAFT WARMING Up taking long time.

the heat is probabaly from the vps system...as far as aircraft warming up taking long....stick your phantom in the freezer for about ten minutes and run a cold IMU calibration. usualy this fixes AIRCRAFT WARMING Up taking long time.
The P3S doesn't have VPS. As to the warm up, mine does that now since two app updates ago. May have to try that cold IMU calibration. It's not really an issue as it doesn't take that long but it's never done that until now.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The cold cali worked on all my P3P/A's, i've just been too lazy to get around to it for the standard, but it needs it because it takes about 60 seconds to warm up wasting precious battery life. As long as you're not getting gimbal overload warnings I wouldn't worry about the heat[emoji41]
And if the signal is better than ever I wouldn't mess with a **** thing[emoji41]that includes firmware upgrades

Reactions: Gary M
+2

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20