Got my P4 in today

Reaction score
And of course its raining cats and dogs. At least I can charge everything. The Ipad Air 2 gives an amazing view, and, thanks to the Drone gods I do not have a tilted horizon. I did set the camera to 1080p at 30 fps and took it out of beginner mode, changed the max distance to 3000m and altitude to 999. Can you get it above 999? Yes, I know its illegal to go over 400, I'm just wondering. Can anyone recommend anything else. Thanks.

J.

You can get up to 500m.

Oh yea, while everything was charging I took my receipt to my local State Farm agent and got my entire set up insured for $2400.00. Costs $5.00 a month, no deductible. I'll have more peace of mind flying now.

You can do 999 feet -- not meters.

When I ordered it I asked for a hardcase, they said they had one, a Nanuk 950 for $180.00. Turns out its made for the Phantom 3 batteries and not the P4. But its such a great price and a great case I did a bit of cutting and here is the result

Attachments

• IMG_1117.JPG
    IMG_1117.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 325
BTW, my insurance agent is rather large, and they said I'm the first person they have ever wrote a policy on a drone before. Surprised me a bit.

Thats a policy for a person in your area that is with State Farm and not State Farm as a whole. There have been other posts about being insured for drones by State Farm in the forum. I shall myself be investigating this option with my insurance agent.

Mind providing what the policy covers? Water Damage? Pilot errors? Crashes, burning? Theft? ,etc...

Oh an that Nanuk case is a favorite option of many forum drone pilots.

It covers theft, crashes, fly-aways, etc. Pretty much everything, and no deductible.

I'm quite surprised to hear they cover all crashes. I guess whoever is running the show there does not realize how easy it is to crash a quadcopter and how expensive they can be to repair.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj