I have not purchased the filters yet, so I cannot comment on that :) I do however own a Phantom 2 with the H4-3D Gimbal using a GoPro Hero4 Black and have a BlurFix ND Filter Amazon.com : SRP BlurFix Air ND4/CP Filter For GoPro Hero 3 Hero 4 Camera : Camera & Photo that did disturb the balance of the gimbal a bit. I ended up sticking a some balance weight on the back opposite of the camera mount which resolved that issue. I am hoping the Polaris Filters won't have that same issue, but we will have to see. I would most likely get that set sometime after the holidays as it doesn't seem prudent to be buying stuff for myself a few days before Christmas! :)
I showed this to Mayank and is posted back several pages here but will do it again .This was with Snake river slip on and also tried these
2X - DJI Phantom 3 Neutral Density filter Kit ND - Press Fit - No Tools Needed . The light one's were not nearly as bad but was still there .Is a pain .

Reactions: Mayank Chhabra
No, like when I clicked on my video links it seems to start out playing low quality and I have to change the setting to get higher quality, but when I click on others links they seem to start on the higher quality. I want to force the video to play in higher quality....here is a short example:

I see what you are saying and is the settings somewhere on YT I think but I don't know enough about them to be of any help to you :(
Sorry...Maybe if you posted this in Video's some of the experts with this can help ya :)

I showed this to Mayank and is posted back several pages here but will do it again .This was with Snake river slip on and also tried these
2X - DJI Phantom 3 Neutral Density filter Kit ND - Press Fit - No Tools Needed . The light one's were not nearly as bad but was still there .Is a pain .

So, my son got me the Polar Pro Filter kit for Christmas (I raised them right!). Took my first flight using one of the ND filters today and found zero issues as noted in the example you posted Dirk. I also didn't have to add any counter weight either. I did do a gimbal calibration with the filter on before flying. I have not worked on editing the video yet, but I have looked at the raw footage and its as rock solid as it was before the filters. I'll let you know once I have something uploaded but my first impression is excellent.

Phil :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Well Dave is right as look at what I get in distance with mine even before I added the extra antennas
And Phil you wouldn't miss what I had in that clip I put up . I mean that was way off .We don't have the better gimbals like the other two .
I haven't really seen any of the Standards being the same .

Well Dave is right as look at what I get in distance with mine even before I added the extra antennas
And Phil you wouldn't miss what I had in that clip I put up . I mean that was way off .We don't have the better gimbals like the other two .
I haven't really seen any of the Standards being the same .

Here you go Dirk & Dave. Sorry for the less than perfect cinematography/pilot skills (and the cheesy music). Still honing my skills... :)

Last edited:
They look good but not turning like I was I can't really tell .Around 1:10 when you yaw some I see very little but they look good .
Nothing like mine .

Looks really nice. id be interested to see how much "stress" this places on the gimbal but all in all looks perfectly fine to me i cant see what hapened at 1:10

makes me think i should buy this :)

Hey man, congrats, I'm new to the P3S too, only flown it for a month or so. I've been looking for anything to protect my camera lets (don't care for any image filtering right now) and didn't want to shell out $70 for those expensive ones. :(

Glad to hear you are having fun mate, be safe though, weather conditions are far from stable at the minute and runaways are everywhere!

Will be interested to see how you get on get on with those filters, i purchased the Ditzco ones and they work a treat, not noticed any video issues just yet!

Sorry May for jumping back in but need to update that test I did with the Snake River Filters.
Seems I did that with the firmware I got when I got my bird .You can see what I saw in it .
Since Phil posted his results I tried again today with all the new updates and don't know if that changed any thing or not but the issue is gone
now .Am sorry if my first test kept anyone from buying any but was just showing what I saw .This was today .

Sorry May for jumping back in but need to update that test I did with the Snake River Filters.
Seems I did that with the firmware I got when I got my bird .You can see what I saw in it .
Since Phil posted his results I tried again today with all the new updates and don't know if that changed any thing or not but the issue is gone
now .Am sorry if my first test kept anyone from buying any but was just showing what I saw .This was today .

Great to see that everything is working now Dirk! :)

Happy New Year to all!

Looks really nice. id be interested to see how much "stress" this places on the gimbal but all in all looks perfectly fine to me i cant see what hapened at 1:10

makes me think i should buy this :)

These filters weigh in at about 4 grams, I am pretty sure they won't be putting any stress on the gimbal whatsoever.
Phil

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20