Got my P2Vision Friday

Reaction score
I got it in the late afternoon and by the time everything was charged it was after dark and being a newbie i didnt want to take a chance and fly in the dark. After debating with myself i did all the updates that dji had after installing the assistant , rc assistant and app. I got a chance to take it out Saturday morning , it seems everything was working fine, i didnt fly it to long and kept it low and slow because the wind was blowing pretty good gusting over 20 mph at times. I came to work sunday and i dont get off duty until tomorrow morning , its blowing pretty good today but hopefully when i get off in the morning it will be calm or at least calmer and i can try it out more.
Has anyone got a new vision and did all the updates before flying like they suggest and had problems? Ill post on how everything goes tomorrow if i get a chance to put it through its paces.

Welcome to you and your new Phantom to the forum. It's a great place to meet knowledgeable, helpful people and you'll learn a lot.
I acquired my P2V a year ago and yes, I immediately upgraded everything right out of the box at that time, and have been flying trouble-free ever since. And just for that reason, I have NOT upgraded since. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", and I see so many other people having troubles with the recent upgrades. I'll just let things settle down for a while. But yes, you ought to perform the upgrades for your new Phantom. Just because it is new, perhaps all the firmware is fairly current anyway.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots. Where are you located? If/when questions come up it helps to know at least what country you are in.
Hope the weather improves so you can have some wind free fun.
Fly Safe.

Welcome to the forum

I also hope you enjoy it here and get to fly soon

Welcome to the club.
I own three P2s and the Vision is my favorite. I have nicknamed it "TANK" since it has suffered more battle damage than any device I have seen since leaving the military.
The other two with 3D gimbals are just tools for pictures and scouting not really fun to fly. TANK on the other hand is great for yanking and banking in the park with the ability to take great video/photos/gps data mining. Best of both worlds.
Visions are now my baseline comparison for the $1000 quad market. Sadly DJI no longer produces them.

Gervin said:
I got it in the late afternoon and by the time everything was charged it was after dark and being a newbie i didnt want to take a chance and fly in the dark. After debating with myself i did all the updates that dji had after installing the assistant , rc assistant and app. I got a chance to take it out Saturday morning , it seems everything was working fine, i didnt fly it to long and kept it low and slow because the wind was blowing pretty good gusting over 20 mph at times. I came to work sunday and i dont get off duty until tomorrow morning , its blowing pretty good today but hopefully when i get off in the morning it will be calm or at least calmer and i can try it out more.
Has anyone got a new vision and did all the updates before flying like they suggest and had problems? Ill post on how everything goes tomorrow if i get a chance to put it through its paces.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.