Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Got my new quadcopter, won't work.

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Bruenor9, May 22, 2014.

1. Bruenor9

Hey I got a quadcopter.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FW78710?vs=1 this is the one I got, I'm in the right section right?

Anyways I think the battery I have is defective, will support send me one? Or how does that work, I am located in Canada

2. lilwheat

You want to be here: viewforum.php?f=7

3. 4wd

4wd

If it's from Amazon returns should be a breeze.
    Does the battery appear to charge normally?
    If not, and it's the larger type that clip in you can sometimes start them off by turning them on.
    What is the charger doing, it could be that which is faulty.

4. Birdman

Just to note, you have the Phantom 2 Vision, not the newer Phantom 2 Vision +. They both use the same batteries however. What lights are flashing when you push the battery's button? What lights flash when you attempt to charge it?

5. Bruenor9

Problem is, that its been more then 30 days. I was out and didn't get a chance to open it. And it shows no lights at all, its like completely dead.

6. shawnb199

You're on crack for letting an item that cost more than $1000 sit unopened until the return period was over.

7. Madwak

Might be a silly question but you did read how to turn the battery on in the manual didn't you? ;)

8. Phantom_Menace66

LMFAO.... I wasn't game enough to ask! But while we're here, the 'smart batteries' supposedly hold their charge for months & I doubt a unit would get past QC without even firing up.... At the risk of sounding condescending, start again step by step starting with the INSTRUCTIONS

9. BlackTracer

Charge the battery until the lights turn off. Then put the battery in the quad until it snaps in. Then press the button on the battery and release it when the batt lights come on. Then immediately press it again until the batt lights light in sequence. Your quad should then power up. But before you fly it study the manual many times over. When you take off do it quickly with full throttle and pop it off the ground. Fly low and slow and follow the instructions in the pilot manual. Good luck.