Got My N # Paperwork!

Reaction score
Woot!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440178535.274233.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440178545.419567.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, it's got me scratching my head too...what is the benefit?

Funny --- I've been flying my Phantom (Vision+ and 3) hundreds of times for the past year without any aircraft registration.

But I guess if you enjoy paying exorbitant govt. fees to do what I do for free --- have fun! :p
Don't be obtuse. FAA registration is only required for commercial operations, not hobby use.

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Yes, plan was all along to go commercial. I do a lot of regular photography, so figured why not. Since it will "have" to be registered, I decided to do it now. Just beginning the 333 paperwork.

Reactions: dirkclod
Yes, plan was all along to go commercial. I do a lot of regular photography, so figured why not. Since it will "have" to be registered, I decided to do it now. Just beginning the 333 paperwork.

Hey snerd, do you have a pilot's license? I'm under the impression that the 333 requires one based on the forms I've downloaded from the FAA.

Congrats on your N# !

Hey snerd, do you have a pilot's license? I'm under the impression that the 333 requires one based on the forms I've downloaded from the FAA.

Congrats on your N# !
Just applying for the number. A lot of us are thinking the pilot's license requirement will be done away with when the new regulations are finally written. It's utterly stupid to require one to fly a 3lb quad copter to snap a few pics of a roof!

Just applying for the number. A lot of us are thinking the pilot's license requirement will be done away with when the new regulations are finally written. It's utterly stupid to require one to fly a 3lb quad copter to snap a few pics of a roof!
I hope so cause I don't think I could pass the medical with my heart issue's .

Yeah, I agree. I'm hoping common sense will be used when the actual law is spelled out, but with bureaucrats or the federal government I'm not optimistic. A training class or test for commercial use may be appropriate; much like a driver's or motorcycle license.

I've been lurking for months on end. Glad to have a chance to talk to you.

Reactions: snerd
I hope so cause I don't think I could pass the medical with my heart issue's .
If you have never been denied an FAA medical certificate, your driver's license is sufficient for Section 333 flight.

Reactions: snerd and dirkclod
If you have never been denied an FAA medical certificate, your driver's license is sufficient for Section 333 flight.
I have never applied for one Steve .Just thought ya had to have one .

Snerd You should look at just getting the 333 first. It takes time and by then they might not require the N number.
A registration number will be required for all commercial flight. 49 USC is the law, not an FAA rule. The law directs the FAA to register all aircraft used in commerce. The Part 107 rules won't change the law and aircraft registration will be required.

Reactions: snerd
I have never applied for one Steve .Just thought ya had to have one .
You did at first. The first few Section 333 exemptions required a commercial pilot certificate and current medical certificate. The next few required a private pilot certificate and medical. From then to now the requirement in conditions and Limitations is a Sport Pilot certificate with a Driver's License as a medical certificate.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4