Got my G2D gimble today

Reaction score
Got my WalkeraG2D gimble today. It was delivered by USPS this morning..ON SUNDAY....wth?
Anyway. I attatched it to my P1. Had to reverse the top bracket as it will interfer with battery door. .
I haven't wired the pitch control yet. I only applied power with Gopro 3 on and it seems to be fine. Now, if when it is powered and doing its thing to stay level...if I push on it to get it out of position, it will stutter. Understandable. BUT..what happens when flying fast or a wind gust hits camera...does it also start to jitter to stabilize?

You tell us when you get back.

I say no jitter, but am looking forward to watching the movie.

I don't plan to fly fast and crazy with the gimble. That would defeat my purpose. On a calm day without a gimble I could get decent video without a gimble but tilting the quad to move does show in video. I see where some have placed counterweights to compensate for slight imbalance. I would think that wind on the gimble would make a difference. This is my first gimble so I am learning. I do need to add risers to legs for the camera to clear the ground. I don't want to get extented legs. Maybe foam spacers on legs to lift it up a bit.

For take-off you could use a couple 2x4's.
Do you hand catch Monte55?

I can hand catch with no problems but I like to land on the ground. Even on a perfectly flat surface the bottom of the camera mount touches. So if not on perfect flat ground or surface with grass etc, there will be a problem. Guess I may have to do a lot more hand catches. With the quad on a flat surface and touching, the gimble powered, the gimble will jitter. Can't have that. I have to get it up about 3/4 inch. Havent done a hand launch yet. Shouldn't be a problem though. That's not the way I want to do it.

Yep, my gimbal will touch with standard landing gear as well. I'm usually in the weeds and need something under the Phantom, even though I have the taller gear.

I may try going with the extensions just to save weight.

I have to admit this thing is cool. Like I said, I have only applied power and not connected pitch control wire. At first the camera pointed up slightly. All I had to do was take the plastic screwdriver and adjust the V1 pot to where I wanted the camera to be. No computer needed. COOL

The amount of wind needed to make the gimbal stutter would probably be enough to blow your Phantom out of the sky, lol.

Monte55, I would love to hear more about your experience as I am in the market for a gimbal/camera for my P2V+P2.

That's good to knowTE="PsychopathRC, post: 343953, member: 17822"]The amount of wind needed to make the gimbal stutter would probably be enough to blow your Phantom out of the sky, lol.[/QUOTE]
That
Monte55, I would love to hear more about your experience as I am in the market for a gimbal/camera for my P2V+P2.
I did a quick video...Actually two videos..check them out

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20