Got my drone insured

After reading this, I called my State Farm agent. Both my P3S and P4 are now covered for $60 a year for both birds (not each). Thanks for the post. The peace of mind is worth it...

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just left State Farm, $60 a year for full coverage including flyaways! Thank you everyone this form is the ****!! I now feel I can fly without the heavy thought on my shoulders "what if something happens" just a little peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Would love to hear how the process works if anyone ever ends up having to make a claim. But until then, just having it will make me feel much more confident in flying. Which I am going to do, tonight, when I get home from work!!!

Foosy, the coverage runs $60 for replacement cost. No deductible. So, if your drone flies off you are paid what it takes to replace it.

It is not $60. What about your deductible? You should have at least $500, maybe even $1000....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Everyone has said that it's a policy rider that covers the drone for an additional fee to their homeowners policy and includes no deductible. A rider can have different specifics than the rest of the policy.

Up to 3k in NC, so plan on bundling in other items if you're only covering a P4

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Everyone has said that it's a policy rider that covers the drone for an additional fee to their homeowners policy and includes no deductible. A rider can have different specifics than the rest of the policy.
It is a personal articles policy which can be written without any other policy with State Farm

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: sas099
My question, this only covers loss or damage? How about liability? Where do we insure in the event I crash and cause damage to people or property. I don't intend to fly anywhere this may happen but you never know, people get struck by lightning, just asking.

just called SF. No Liability - it is just a replacement insurance policy - and you don't need an existing policy with them.

State Farm is smart in covering them under a Personal Articles policy, which specifically covers "Cameras". Being that drones are basically flying cameras, they are included so long as the camera was attached to the drone at the time of purchase. That is to say if you bought say a drone that included a gimbal but you had to buy a GoPro separately...In this scenario, only the Go Pro would be covered as it was added to the drone after the initial purchase.

Has anyone actually crashed with State Farm and made a claim? I have a call into my insurance broker and may sign up for it soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues