Got my aftermarket P4 backpack and love it!

Yeh, that looks awesome!!! This is what DJI should have bought the rights to instead of that pile of crap they put their name on...

Edit: Wildpie is the brand. Seems China and Singapore are the only place with it yet... 650.00cn each ($100usd) if you buy 10... Hmm. I wonder if I could spend $1k without the wife noticing. Ha ha

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: Lerroy
Yeh, that looks awesome!!! This is what DJI should have bought the rights to instead of that pile of crap they put their name on...

Edit: Wildpie is the brand. Seems China and Singapore are the only place with it yet... 650.00cn each ($100usd) if you buy 10... Hmm. I wonder if I could spend $1k without the wife noticing. Ha ha

wildpie维尔派 大疆精灵4 DJI Phantom 4 防水硬壳双肩背包 图片_高清大图 - 阿里巴巴

The 360 photo looks really good, not sure about the photoshop job of it on the guys back it's massive.

I'll buy one with you [emoji12]

Hopefully original poster has a outside China link... Pretty please

Last edited:
It's only $72usd in Singapore in the store... Maybe I'll go through Singapore on my next trip to Japan...

Reactions: Lerroy
So which one is the best now for the P4

The one in the original post. It's excellent. I have the same one, branded differently. Your iPad Pro will easily go in the laptop slot.

Only issue is that you won't really be able to carry a DSLR in it too (unless you have a crazy small setup). I have an Ape Case 2000 for my 5D3, 6D bodies, and lenses. I might be able to fit a 6D with a pancake lens in the RC pocket of the P4 bag...but I don't have a pancake lens. Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Jussaguy

Found a worldwide seller (in china) not cheap though but free shipping at least

I already any ordered a polar pro drone trekker, still interested though if it was cheaper.

Wildpie Outdoor Waterproof Hard Shell Shoulder Backpack Bag for DJI Phantom 4/ 3 Quadcopter $162.30 Free Shipping @GoodLuckBuy.com

Last edited:
Excellent review. I'm already planing to buy one.
Now, about the gray case, it fits 3 batteries very well.
;)
Exactly! The stock gray styrofoam case is a bit unbalanced with the extra batteries, but it certainly has room for three altogether. Just place them sideways in opposite directions to each other. :cool:

Exactly! The stock gray styrofoam case is a bit unbalanced with the extra batteries, but it certainly has room for three altogether. Just place them sideways in opposite directions to each other. :cool:
I just traveled with ease using the insert with 4. 2 on the left side, one in the bird and a fourth in that area in the front but I had to wiggle it a little until it fit (button facing up) and it fit with ease. Aside from no room for anything else, for carry on its great as long as you have other places for DSLR and you can put all your cords and a case for your SD cards in your case too. I have a 9.7 so I didn't need that space in the front though. The case is actually quite capable.

I just traveled with ease using the insert with 4. 2 on the left side, one in the bird and a fourth in that area in the front but I had to wiggle it a little until it fit (button facing up) and it fit with ease. Aside from no room for anything else, for carry on its great as long as you have other places for DSLR and you can put all your cords and a case for your SD cards in your case too. I have a 9.7 so I didn't need that space in the front though. The case is actually quite capable.
With all that extra weight, though, the tiny latch holding it all together is eventually going to fail, and it won't be pretty. For $25 on eBay you can get a more secure costum-fitted P4 nylon case to put the styrofoam case inside of, with a proper handle, and some back pack straps. It also looks a little more generic that way. It's very tightly fitted, so it adds almost no increase in size or weight.

With all that extra weight, though, the tiny latch holding it all together is eventually going to fail, and it won't be pretty. For $25 on eBay you can get a more secure costum-fitted P4 nylon case to put the styrofoam case inside of, with a proper handle, and some back pack straps. It also looks a little more generic that way. It's very tightly fitted, so it adds almost no increase in size or weight.
Yeah, I saw that actually but I didn't have the time to make any changes. I was borrowing my friends Dji multifunctional thing and when I realized it offered no protection, I had no time but to use the insert case.

Yeah, I saw that actually but I didn't have the time to make any changes. I was borrowing my friends Dji multifunctional thing and when I realized it offered no protection, I had no time but to use the insert case.
The eBay DJI knockoff P4 hardshell backpack is my current favorite. $75 as I recall. Great replacement for the styrofoam case.

Jussaguy
On you earlier post you were recommending or have ProCraft case. I went with this one because of its versatility. It's a ridged soft case which fits my P4 nicely with a lot of extra gear for biking/hiking. But what sold me on it was that the dividers can be adjusted/removed to fit the dji foam case. I plan on doing this while traveling.

Jussaguy
On you earlier post you were recommending or have ProCraft case. I went with this one because of its versatility. It's a ridged soft case which fits my P4 nicely with a lot of extra gear for biking/hiking. But what sold me on it was that the dividers can be adjusted/removed to fit the dji foam case. I plan on doing this while traveling.

Ummm, are you sure it was me? I never heard of that case before. Of course my memory can sometimes be the worst but I don't usually like making recommendations anyway, just give my thoughts on things so nobody gets upset if they don't like it and I don't recall ever hearing of this case. Sorry if I'm confusing you, but I'm a bit confused myself but I'm glad you like it.

Sorry Jussaguy,
It was John Locke post from 4/7 who recommended the case. Just wanted to add for those who are looking into cases/ backpack that the dji foam case that came with the bird fits inside ProCraft case. So IMO it's like having a hard and soft case in one.

Sorry Jussaguy,
It was John Locke post from 4/7 who recommended the case. Just wanted to add for those who are looking into cases/ backpack that the dji foam case that came with the bird fits inside ProCraft case. So IMO it's like having a hard and soft case in one.

Cheers.

Got a chance to do a 5 mile hike the other day with the Manfrotto MB BP-D1 DJI backpack. This was purchased not only for carrying the Phantom 4 but also for my Olympus EM-1 DSLR plus tripod. As this was the first field use of the backpack, only the camera with basic 12-40 mm lens, extra battery were taken. I'm 69 years old. The pack was so comfortable and well balanced even climbing over rocks and stepping on rocks across a stream that I did not notice it.

The backpack has two loops to secure the tripod. Even without a little bottom pocket for the tripod feet, the tripod stayed firmly in place. Next hike I will not hesitate to take the 40-150mm F2.8 lens plus accessories. BTW, the backpack contained the P4, 4 batteries, Tablet, sunshade, extra propellers and set of Polar Pro filters.

Although expensive compared to other backpacks for the P4, I relied on the Manfrotto reputation for the balance and quality.

Marty Markoe
Yorktown Heights, NY

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers