Got my aftermarket P4 backpack and love it!

Reaction score
Update... Just found a seller on eBay selling this thing for only $90 shipped...And I paid $110:(:(
UltimaxX Backpack For DJI Phantom 2, 3, Professional, Standard, Advanced, and 4K
---
So I really needed a backpack that I can take with me when I'm cycling or backpacking to places... And also something that would make cops less suspicious than a gray colored foam case.. After much comparison, I found the $110 generic (mine is branded as Ultimax and sold by a individual seller) backpack and was able to put a lot more stuff in it.. It's also got a nice rain cover :)

Had it for only a few days and already deeply in love with it over original foam case... (I also bought second battery and the second one just wouldn't fit anywhere in the foam case..)

There are plenty of storage space and empty pockets outside and inside the backpack. there is also a large space in the back to fit a big laptop (I put my propellers in there...)

Best bang for the buck, and to my knowledge they are exactly the same as the official DJI Phantom 4 backpack that they sell for $330, or the Manfrotto Phantom 3/4 Backpack they sell for $199 which requires modification to the velcro pads to fit the drone.)

i-wHZz6Fx-L.jpg

i-f4qbB6d-L.jpg

i-L6rWWz5-L.jpg

i-zGgZsGc-L.jpg

i-rLnggRg-L.jpg

i-8R2B9Jw-L.jpg

i-G9HntpW-L.jpg

You can get the backpack at a few links below, all seems to have limited stocks... So check which one have stock before ordering...
Seller 1 (where I got mine, no Prime but priority mail shipping, only 2 in stock)
Seller 2 (Prime, only 2 in stock)
Seller 3 (Prime, Plenty in stock but $20 more expensive...)

If you are in the same boat as me looking for a reliable backpack not a hard case for airline transport, this is the bag to go... I also thought about the new $199 DJI custom hardcase P4 backpack for it but judging from the photos, that one doesn't seem to have many extra pockets and the one it had all seems to be very thin and curved around outside...

Check this one out. It looks well organized, $119. The reviews look good.

View attachment 49850
This one looks pretty good too, no reviewer mentioning that it will fit a Phantom 4 though, the 4 is slightly taller in that regards. My original idea was to be able to also take my DSLR equipment with me on the trip, but found out the top compartment can only fit a remote control... But there are people who put camera and lens in the pockets in the bottom compartment and move other stuff to top, that way it will be able to fit the extra DSLR stuff.

Last edited:
Linkmodo,
Nice find. Is the remote compartment big enough for a modified remote such as boosted Itelite or FPVLR?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Linkmodo,
Nice find. Is the remote compartment big enough for a modified remote such as boosted Itelite or FPVLR?
Thanks in advance.

I believe so. See photo below. If you put remote side ways in, there are plenty extended area for add-ons. There is also 3" clearance from top.
i-zRtK4zd-L.jpg

Excellent review. I'm already planing to buy one.
Now, about the gray case, it fits 3 batteries very well.
;)

Thanks a lot for the review! I am still waiting for a good hard case but I am getting sick of not having a place to fly this without a little hike so I might just get this or something like.

Thank you for taking time out of your day for our benefit. I appreciate it greatly!

FTR, the second battery if need be firs to the right of the case, right bottom quadrant under the bird, nice and snug actually.

Check this one out. It looks well organized, $119. The reviews look good.

View attachment 49850
This looks good, but I swear the description that the company uses to sell it suggests putting a bottle of water as an item to pack! Lol.

What a great idea. Store bottles of water with your electronics. It does look good though and inexpensive.

Someone from DJI forum pointed out that the foam case actually fits 3 batteries... but oh well, I need something that I don't have to hand carry when hiking or biking so this is perfect.

There are also some sellers in China sells a backpack that fits the P4 foam case for backpack carrying, plus additional rooms.
Here is the link (it's in Chinese), hopefully those bags will make their way to Amazon or eBay soon. It sells for about $92

Someone from DJI forum pointed out that the foam case actually fits 3 batteries... but oh well, I need something that I don't have to hand carry when hiking or biking so this is perfect.

There are also some sellers in China sells a backpack that fits the P4 foam case for backpack carrying, plus additional rooms.
Here is the link (it's in Chinese), hopefully those bags will make their way to Amazon or eBay soon. It sells for about $92
Looks cool too!
Probably a little too big but oh well...
And the bottles of water are still there ;)

Linkmodo,
Thanks in advance.

It for sure fits the DBS, not sure on the other.

Great review. I have one coming tomorrow. For those interested, I just purchased this backpack that fits the stock case, great. Only a week old,and works great. I paid $50. I'll take $40 shipped. PM me if interested.
b84b3acb8cb8a0be7143ccfc16afe740.jpg
8a66d6e5a7018fab97c71c3b2ddd0532.jpg
4ea2eb738840b005c331234fdb4e9924.jpg
9dc8042c829e9910cc083ebe0d9a8ea7.jpg
929dbc6ee5b0755db5c8d83be3dc6339.jpg
4f634decf9cc8eb1abe2c5853edde06f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

@linkmodo (and anyone else that bought the Ultimaxx backpack) - just received this today and it looks great. Took me a few minutes to figure out the zipper order and all but I have not been able to figure this out (pictures). Looks like a holster or carrying pack / bag / something? I can't find any reference to it in the other reviews. Did anyone else get this? Any idea what it's for?

My procraft was delivered today!!! It's pretty awesome larger than I thought but very nice can't wait to see how much go pro stuff I can fit in it with the P4

My procraft was delivered today!!! It's pretty awesome larger than I thought but very nice can't wait to see how much go pro stuff I can fit in it with the P4

How do you like it, I'm drawn between the procraft and lowepro but think the pro will work better. I have two remotes and one is modded and I don't want to take it apart so I think the pro will be the best

How do you like it, I'm drawn between the procraft and lowepro but think the pro will work better. I have two remotes and one is modded and I don't want to take it apart so I think the pro will be the best

I like it a lot for the price I'm not sure it can be beat tbh. I haven't got a chance to take it around and see how the straps are etc. I will in a week the weather should be good enough for me to hop on the motorcycle with it and take it to the city for some good shots.

Reactions: scatmanr1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20