Got lightening on vid in tonights storm

Remarkable video! Wish the prop didn't keep popping in though.

Did your phantom get wet at all from this flight, or were you far enough away to stay dry?

Its not worth removing the prop gaurds I feel.... I was in between rain storms so only got a few drops on her....

I've never had a time when pop guards would have been useful, and I've seen too many videos of people getting prop wash accidents with them on, plus the issue of them popping up in videos. But to each their own.

How high were you during most of that footage? It's a pretty incredible view

I had mine out this past weekend right before a storm. Started to see drops on the lens and I hurried butt home and landed.

The gaurds saved me once on a grass landing but since then I only hand catch... So I guess I really dont need them... I was right around the max of 1600ft

I tried to get some lightning on camera tonight to from 400ft up but by the time I got up there, the storm had moved away.

Reactions: Pumpfixer
Thanks for sharing,
My point of view and constructive criticism would be that I detest seeing prop guards (only my opinion) and that to make the video more interesting would be to completely slash the video down time wise. I was expecting an amazing video with such an intriguing title and if you had have cut it down to maybe 30 seconds or less which you can still do and cropped the view down to a more cinematic feel less than 16:9 it would have taken out the guards. I would have just had the one lightening strike you caught and then the panning to the sunset in a separate faded in clip.
please don't take me up wrong as I love filming lightning and have yet to do it with a phantom. Keep working on it but you will increase your video hits if you keep it more to the point and always remember that in this day and age a 10 second youtube video can easily get well over 100m hits and make you a lot of money but make sure you use royalty free music or you won't make a penny

Reactions: Pumpfixer
Tundertorms are a bit dangerous for the quad's electronics IMHO. The static if strike is close enough can knock down the electonics or make it go crazy but nice view

A lot of time for not much lightning. What is there is really cool but i fear.most would not watch long enough to apprwciate it. It would be interesting to grab the frames from multiple strikes with same framing and align and stack. Would make an awesome print.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31