Got iosd-mini working but two questions if you could help.

Reaction score
I connected the Iosd-mini today and tied it into the ground station, so the iosd-mini is mounted on the bottom of the craft. It seems to work well. Question one. How do I display in feet rather than meters? I did not see a selection in the iosd assistant. Second question. I noticed when I had the craft overhead, the display diamond was off the screen and I got like 170 displayed. Do I get the centered diamond only when the craft is horizontal from my position?
Thanks in advance.

Phil H

Re: Got iosd-mini working but two questions if you could hel

If the diamond is in the middle it means your aircraft is heading towards the home location. If the diamond is not visible it means you are heading away. Yaw around and you will see the diamond move into view as the nose orientation approached facing back towards the home point.

I don't believe there is an option to change the units...

Thanks for the reply. So much of this is trial and error or learn through flying by the seat of your pants! I really appreciate the forum and the great assistance one can find here. It is guaranteed DJI won't provide the information.

Phil H

As Pull Up says the diamond is only visible once you are heading back towards yourself.

The number and arrow at the side of the screen is the number of degrees and direction you need to turn to head back home. The number and direction will always point to the shortest route back. In other words less than 180 degrees, of course you could turn either way and achieve the same result but the display just shows you the quickest turn to get back to home point.

And unfortunately there is no way/option to show the units in feet/miles :evil:

The OP was asking about the diamond when overhead. When the Phantom is above you the information from the diamond and direction indicators will be very jumpy and not at all useful. The GPS location jumps around from moment to moment so when it's overhead the iOSD could thing the Phantom is a few feet to your left one moment, and several feet to your right the next causing the direction info. to flip 180 degrees. The information is only really useful when it is a few meters away from you. You can see how it stabilizes as you fly away if you watch it.

Re: Mini iosd working no camera image on FPV monitor

My FPV setup was working fine untill I ditched my Phantom 2 into the sea. Got DJI to service the quad and check the H3 2d gimbal.
Now I only get all the info from mini OSD on the monitor but no camera image. I have swopped out the camera and still the same result. Would the fault be the gimbal that was MAYBE not checked properly or could be a fault on the Phantom motherboard. The gimbal tilts and moves okay by the way. I don't have a spare gimbal to swop out. Any suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers