Got Inspire 1 yesterday bought P4 today...

Reaction score
Like the title says I bought and inspire 1 version 2.0 and got it yesterday. Upon opening the box it came with a bad battery. I promptly ordered another battery from Amazon got that today and that battery is bad. Extremely frustrated I said screw it and went to Best Buy and bought a phantom 4. I will be returning the inspire Monday to B&H photo. I figured the phantom will do just about everything that the inspire would do anyway. I'm no professional and I'm not trying to make a movie so I'm sure the phantom will be great. I love my phantom two with the H3 3-D gimbal. I just opened up the Phantom and I am extremely impressed so far with the build quality and the bird in general. Unfortunately it is snowing here in Southeast Michigan so I won't be able to fly it until tomorrow. I will have both of the batteries charged up and ready to go tomorrow.

Stay far from lightening storms as you have the strangest bad luck. I have never heard of someone getting a DJI product with a bad battery... and then ordering another battery and again getting a bad one!

Phantom 4 certainly has it's benefits but it's not an Inspire. The Inspire has so much more "non-newbie" potential. The Phantom 4 has more features designed to help newbies get flying safely however.

I will say, that for flying in locations where people may be, the Phantom is less intrusive. Also, it is a hell of a lot more portable than an Inspire.

No contest for me.. I've flown Phantoms for a few years now and would love an Inspire.

Sold my Inspire and got the P4. The Inspire is not all that. A few cool features but not many. And it's so dang big

Like the title says I bought and inspire 1 version 2.0 and got it yesterday. Upon opening the box it came with a bad battery. I promptly ordered another battery from Amazon got that today and that battery is bad. Extremely frustrated I said screw it and went to Best Buy and bought a phantom 4. I will be returning the inspire Monday to B&H photo. I figured the phantom will do just about everything that the inspire would do anyway. I'm no professional and I'm not trying to make a movie so I'm sure the phantom will be great. I love my phantom two with the H3 3-D gimbal. I just opened up the Phantom and I am extremely impressed so far with the build quality and the bird in general. Unfortunately it is snowing here in Southeast Michigan so I won't be able to fly it until tomorrow. I will have both of the batteries charged up and ready to go tomorrow.

How do you know the batteries were bad?

I prefer any of my Phantoms over my Inspire (I have the P3P, P3A and two P4s). Now the Inspire Pro with RAW footage is another story altogether.

The cool factor is there with the Inspire but I am not trying to impress.

Reactions: von Richthofen
I prefer any of my Phantoms over my Inspire (I have the P3P, P3A and two P4s). Now the Inspire Pro with RAW footage is another story altogether.

The cool factor is there with the Inspire but I am not trying to impress.

Out of curiosity, what do you do with all your aircraft? I have a busted up p2 vision with a bunch of extra batteries, hard shell, transmitter, motors. I could have repaired it but instead built a DJI 550. It started out with an analog video tx running from my GoPro, on a DJI zenmuse gimbal, controlled thru a really expensive futaba controller. Updated, upgrade over the lifetime w DJI e310 pops, motors,esc, and DJI. LIGHTBRIDGE 9which DJI never updated app so will not work on newer versions of iOS).

It still flies, but hardly gets used now that I have P4. Have a ton of batteries, props, motors, antennas, ground station hardware, video transmitters, receivers, I nee to sell the stuff, but hate the whole listing, packing, payment headache.

Out of curiosity, what do you do with all your aircraft? I have a busted up p2 vision with a bunch of extra batteries, hard shell, transmitter, motors. I could have repaired it but instead built a DJI 550. It started out with an analog video tx running from my GoPro, on a DJI zenmuse gimbal, controlled thru a really expensive futaba controller. Updated, upgrade over the lifetime w DJI e310 pops, motors,esc, and DJI. LIGHTBRIDGE 9which DJI never updated app so will not work on newer versions of iOS).

It still flies, but hardly gets used now that I have P4. Have a ton of batteries, props, motors, antennas, ground station hardware, video transmitters, receivers, I nee to sell the stuff, but hate the whole listing, packing, payment headache.
Anything I don't need anymore, I either sell or strip for parts. I currently am keeping my other Phantoms because it doesn't hurt to have a couple extra around but I own a company called Level 6 Creative and we do a lot. I'm not above or below anything. As far as my company, we do mostly VFX and producing (mainly segments for TV), we do pre-viz, writing, directing, everything.

As for what I do with my birds, sometimes and often just for fun, a very expensive hobby but I also do real estate, industrial (golf courses, real estate, land surveying, etc), shoot vistas, car chases, shots that we would have had to rent hellis for in the past, the usual stuff.

I just had my Inspire1 v2 arrive yesterday and the battery was DOA. I was told that they come completely drained and that they have to charge up to about 10% before the lights start to blink. I had it on charge all night and nothing ever happened. The one I returned earlier in the week had a DOA gimbal/camera. So, I'm 0 for 2! LOL

I just had my Inspire1 v2 arrive yesterday and the battery was DOA. I was told that they come completely drained and that they have to charge up to about 10% before the lights start to blink. I had it on charge all night and nothing ever happened. The one I returned earlier in the week had a DOA gimbal/camera. So, I'm 0 for 2! LOL
I wonder if the assembly lines are just bogged down. I mean Apple can't keep them in the store. The P4 is a massive commercial success even with the issues.

I believe they stayed too long in the warehouses,so the batteries went DOA.Probably wrong charged too.

It's a true story that phantoms are far more popular and affordable.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31