Got a non DJI battery...

Reaction score
So the other night I was on ebay shopping around for a phantom 3 battery, I came across this seller (see the link) and I like the price and stupid me didn't realize until the next day that nowhere did it say it was a genuine DJI battery... so I messaged them trying to cancel my order, but they didn't read my messages and sent it anyway..... last night they finally reply they would refund me my money but I have to send it back so that's what I'm gonna do since I don't want to use third party batteries. But what I'm getting at is, if you look at the link and see how many batteries they have sold I was amazed :eek:, it just makes me wonder how many people never realized they are using non DJI batteries and are flying like that?, maybe that is one of the reasons why some people's batteries were shutting down mid flight?, cell discrepancies? or maybe some people do know what they are using and they work just as good?, anyone flying with this batteries some input? makes me wonder how reliable they are?, and no I'm not gonna try it and find out for myself, I will be returning this :confused: , the weirdest part is that the same seller has other batteries that are genuine DJI batteries on a different post... anyway here is the link

4480mAh 15.2V Intelligent Battery DJI Phantom 3 Professional Advanced Standard

Last edited:
Reactions: eaglegoaltender
Good call - friggin knock-offs on just about everything these days. Hope you get your refund ok.

Gotta watch that, good thing you caught that. Check the classifieds, I just saw OEM batts for $125 there. ;)

Gotta watch that, good thing you caught that. Check the classifieds, I just saw OEM batts for $125 there. ;)
Yeah the price on bats just dropped. I had a whole bunch of batteries that I stumbled on wholesale and I was selling them for 120 and just barely sold them all before people won't pay 120 from a non dealer. Mine were 100% legit though. Made a pretty penny on 80 of them.

Under item specs it says maker is powerade so Not OEM

If the salesrep was smart, he'd notice it was click bate since there doesn't seem to be a way to buy them at game stop. Not available online and no local store they will send to.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Has any one used 3rd Party batteries? If so how well have they worked?

ive used 3rd party batteries. I wrote a review on the Mr Batt battery you can find at this link, i still fly it every now and then and i absolutely trust it, but i always goto my stock DJI batteries first. I've taken it out to 5 miles and back no issues. It performs pretty much same as stock battery would. Mr Batt on Amazon: 3rd party Phantom 3 battery review

I also tested a Lumsing battery and had good results until on one flight voltage dropped below 3volts and it forced landing then cut out on power with 20% remaining. It fell into a orchard and i recovered it. In fairness, i had gone out about 12 miles and back with external batteries, but it shouldn't have dropped voltage, ended up having a bad cell. I use this battery to do IMU warmup when out flying, once IMU warmed, i take this battery out and put in stock DJI battery. I wouldn't fly Lumsing again, i wouldn't trust it based on my experience.

I also have one other, a PowerAdd battery, but i havent flown that one much. Its my 6th battery and I just havent gotten to it :p

I'm also working on a FAQ on identifying a stock battery vs a third party/knockoff battery. If anyone wants to collaborate on it, the google doc is open to editing. I would welcome community support on this topic! DJI Phantom 3 - How to spot a non-DJI battery

Reactions: crash1sttime

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31