Got a new Phantom 3 (4K) but can't open until Christmas... Do you like your P3(4K)?

Reaction score
Hey,
So my wife got me what I picked out for Christmas this year. A Phantom 3 (4K). It was regular a little over $1,000 on sale for $799.00. Only $150 more than the standard. From what I was reading it was well worth the $150 extra for the 4K camera, upgraded controller, and the bottom sensors for indoor flight.
I was wondering what other P3(4K) owners had to say about theirs. If I had to pay full price I would have spent the extra $200 and got the pro but for around $450 less I was willing to pass up the Lightbridge. I was stretching it for a $800 Christmas present as it was LOL.

Thanks for any personal opinions or information.

Cheers!

Reactions: Easy-V
Honestly, you should return it and get the advanced. You can get the advanced plus extra battery for right at 800. I only say this because you won't regret the connection of light ridge once you use it. It's amazing. Yeah you only get 2.7k but honestly I just got a 4K lg tv and it upscales it and looks amazing. I crashed my advanced and dropped the extra money on a pro camera at 4K with my tv it looks about the same. And the images are also crisper on the advanced vs the pro camera (still trying to understand that one)

All in all for 800.00 get the advanced, you won't regret it and having the stability of light ridge and the better controller is well worth it. Trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Honestly, you should return it and get the advanced. You can get the advanced plus extra battery for right at 800. I only say this because you won't regret the connection of light ridge once you use it. It's amazing. Yeah you only get 2.7k but honestly I just got a 4K lg tv and it upscales it and looks amazing. I crashed my advanced and dropped the extra money on a pro camera at 4K with my tv it looks about the same. And the images are also crisper on the advanced vs the pro camera (still trying to understand that one)

All in all for 800.00 get the advanced, you won't regret it and having the stability of light ridge and the better controller is well worth it. Trust me.

I would have purchased the advanced but they are not available anywhere around here for the $799 deal and the ones who do have the advanced in stock are asking $1,079.99 and that doesn't come with an extra battery. Here in Canada we pay more. But I do agree with you. It's just out of our reach right now and I'm very lucky to be getting an $800 Christmas present as it is.

I would have purchased the advanced but they are not available anywhere around here for the $799 deal and the ones who do have the advanced in stock are asking $1,079.99 and that doesn't come with an extra battery. Here in Canada we pay more. But I do agree with you. It's just out of our reach right now and I'm very lucky to be getting an $800 Christmas present as it is.

Did you try amazon via camrise or Adorama?

I agree with you either way it's going to be amazing!!!

That wait though..... [emoji43]

Reactions: Justinator
Jesus. Just looked up pricing on amazon.ca. Holy crap. That's outrageous.

Didn't realize the conversion rate was so high :(

Yep. It's crazy... Here is a link to Best Buy.ca ( Results for Dji - Best Buy Canada ) and it shows you what I had to pick from LOL. I ended up purchasing from Staples since they were the only ones in my part of the country with a P3 4K left or else it would have been the standard to pick from in my price range.

Have Had great results with P34k. In fact I bought a Standard of sale for 400 as a backup. Pretty much the same aircraft. I Don't use 4K, 1080p 2 30fps gives outstanding video. The 4K controller however is better, more convenient in my opinion. I got over 3000 ft with no lag or loss of either signal with Standard and pretty much same with 4K. YOu'll be long out of sight at 2300 feet. If I want longer distances I use Litchi. I flew a an autonomous flight out over 1.5 mile of dense woods and it worked fine. Lost video and controller around 3000 feet but it came home after completing the mission flawlessly.
Enjoy your P34K.

Since it's still a few weeks 'til Christmas, I think you should unbox the Phantom, then download and read the manual TWICE. And once you do your preflight checks, settings, etc, go do a few 'test flights' in an open area free of obstructions and interference. Get to know your new bird. I don't think Santa or the better half will mind if you're a bit early.....

Fly Safe !!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Actually captain makes a good point. Most stores may have extended returns but just in case you need to make sure everything works right before that window closes. Otherwise you are getting service before you can do anything else.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Hey,
So my wife got me what I picked out for Christmas this year. A Phantom 3 (4K). It was regular a little over $1,000 on sale for $799.00. Only $150 more than the standard. From what I was reading it was well worth the $150 extra for the 4K camera, upgraded controller, and the bottom sensors for indoor flight.
I was wondering what other P3(4K) owners had to say about theirs. If I had to pay full price I would have spent the extra $200 and got the pro but for around $450 less I was willing to pass up the Lightbridge. I was stretching it for a $800 Christmas present as it was LOL.

Thanks for any personal opinions or information.

Cheers!

now THAT's a good wife. Definately keep her happy....

you're gunna love that thing!

I wouldn't fly indoors either. This is not a toy....

Agree. If for some reason I have to start motors indoors, I take the props off.

Case in point --I had a nasty encounter with my living room ceiling fan that was unexpected. Somehow I hit auto takeoff, and it jumped up right under the fan and was fighting the fans' downwash and trying to climb into it. Yikes. Never again ! [emoji33]. Props off inside.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Easy-V
anyone who flies one of these indoors is nuts...

I'm in New Brunswick Canada and fly the p3 4K. After some initial problems worked out it flies great. Good range and video but certainly not the range of the advanced or professional. On the whole I'm very satisfied. Today at -7C it flew 4.8 km flight at max range of 1220m with complete video link and no mods very well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj