Got a new battery, how do I update it?

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445015289.448619.jpg

You will have to download the version of firmware that had the most recent battery update and once unzipped put the included bin file onto your micro sd card, reinsert back into the gimbal and turn on the Phantom, the battery will find the update and you will notice the LED diodes change pattern while the update takes place, it's quite quick.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to inquire. ;-)

RedHotPoker

sooo let's say my phantom has the latest firmware v. 1.4 that doesn't have a battery update....which firmware should i put on the sd card to update a new battery?

Sorry if this seems too idiot

You will have to download the version of firmware that had the most recent battery update and once unzipped put the included bin file onto your micro sd card, reinsert back into the gimbal and turn on the Phantom, the battery will find the update and you will notice the LED diodes change pattern while the update takes place, it's quite quick.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to inquire. ;-)

RedHotPoker
Thanks redhot, I did try this with no resolution but I probably didn't do the firmware of the most recent battery update, so thanks I'll have to put the correct .bin in there, I appreciate it.

sooo let's say my phantom has the latest firmware v. 1.4 that doesn't have a battery update....which firmware should i put on the sd card to update a new battery?

Yeah this also confuses me, I don't want to accidentally bump all the firmware back to an old one on accident, hopefully it'll just do the battery and leave the new firmware alone in the device

All this firmware talk scares the hell out of me. I'm new to the phantom world and luckily the firmware was updated by the seller before shipping it to me, or so he says. You mean you have to go through all the steps just to use a new battery? What have I gotten myself into.......I'm scared when changing the batteries in the tv remote, afraid the tv codes will get erased.......oh the humanity. Maybe I'll go back to using one of those little helicopters from the "as seen on tv" store, it's fun to crash those into the wall- oh look I just lost $20- no it's ok only needs a new prop $3. :) :) :).

You are correct that 1.4 does NOT have the battery and remote firmware.
Download the corresponding advance or pro 1.3.2 firmware and unzip on the root of the SD. This will have the latest firmware for your battery. Turn on phantom. The battery 2 middle leds will blink and should take less than 30 secs.

You are correct that 1.4 does NOT have the battery and remote firmware.
Download the corresponding advance or pro 1.3.2 firmware and unzip on the root of the SD. This will have the latest firmware for your battery. Turn on phantom. The battery 2 middle leds will blink and should take less than 30 secs.
Doing this might put the phantom back to the 1.3.2

Then you remove the 1.3, put the 1.4 back on the SD & put it back in. Let it update the p3 again to 1.4
I don't think it will change the battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj