Got a DJI Phantom 3 Pro Finally, its time for -VIDs-

Reaction score
did a simple roof inspection for fun to see what i can see and the quality of it all. Seems like a great tool for inspector people.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

had some free time in SF around the golden gate bridge. The wind was up around 20-25mph with gust of 40mph, i had some shaky moments, but i was amazed at how well the video turned out, as there was no wind at all lol

Reactions: unclejas
did a simple roof inspection for fun to see what i can see and the quality of it all. Seems like a great tool for inspector people.

Have you flown the P2's? you did a good flying job that's why I ask.
I was cringing a little "if" you were a new flyer, that is a crash waiting to happen in first time hands. :)
Props

That's an awesome video and I like the music. Great Job!
I have a question about something...the vertical braces from the bridge to the long support lines seem fuzzy or out of focus. A couple of times they seemed half invisible. Anyone know what causes this phenomenon?

Geo

Fine structures often suffer from (induce?) moire patterns (or perhaps related distortion). My P3P arrives Monday and am now working with a P1, and some similar video distortion from the P1 can't be stabilized, I've found, even trying every possibility with Adobe Premier Pro. Perhaps someone can advise if fps settings would make a difference.

Have you flown the P2's? you did a good flying job that's why I ask.
I was cringing a little "if" you were a new flyer, that is a crash waiting to happen in first time hands. :)
Props

i had a few drones from amazon before, those cheap ones, where i got most of my crashing out of the way, then i had a phantom 2, sold it as soon as i got a chance to get my hands on the pahntom 3 :)

Reactions: envisionabove
That's an awesome video and I like the music. Great Job!
I have a question about something...the vertical braces from the bridge to the long support lines seem fuzzy or out of focus. A couple of times they seemed half invisible. Anyone know what causes this phenomenon?

Geo

To answer your question, I was flying at 1080P with 60FPS, i slowed down the video to 50%, The wind was super bad for flying, with gusts of around 35-40mph, it was a risk that i took knowing that i might lose the drone. I couldnt pass up on a clear weather and the opportunity, it was a personal choise i made knowing the risks, however, during my flight i got an error a few times saying that the gimbal is being overloaded, because it was so windy and was bashing the drone around, the gimbal motors were working crazy over time to correct the shakiness, and the blurry cables is likely the result of it.

If i ever get another chance in SF on a calm day, im taking it and see what results i can get.

had some more flying fun, i forgot and left a dark ND filter on the camera, so the dusk turned out a bit grainy :(

a friend of my stopped by, so i told him to drive down the street ill try to follow him, it was a bit harder than i thought, trying not to hit the trees and keeping the car in the shot. My Ipad Mini 2 was tweaking out and video was stuttering, it was getting pretty hot, plus it was about 105 degrees out. I think i should upgrade to an ipad air 2 so it can handle the video view much easier and not stress itself out to much, anyways, enjoy the car following video

Big hail storms earlier this summer in South Denver brought out all the storm chasers. My roofing guy uses a satellite program that can measure the roof surfaces and also can get a view of the walls and measure them as well. So much for my roof inspection business. Infra red inspections may be the way to go.

Had some fun in SF beach by the Cliff House, was trying to get a few surfers but the waves werent all that great, still was a fun time :)

Was at a wedding and asked the owner of the property and wedding planner to do a little aerial of the wedding, sent them them the link to the video everyone loved it. Recorded the music with my phone while the band was practicing during the set up.

had some free time in SF around the golden gate bridge. The wind was up around 20-25mph with gust of 40mph, i had some shaky moments, but i was amazed at how well the video turned out, as there was no wind at all lol

Sorry. Great shots of the bridge too.

I love all of these! I like the idea of using the drone for commercial purposes (roof inspections) but even more for the complete awe of the scenery memories. Your capturing of the Golden Gate Bridge and the Maui location both remind me of times in my past. I can't wait to be able to capture similar instances for me, my wife, and my children to remember in the future. Thank you for sharing, this was great!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen