got a brand new phantom 4 with not working battery

Reaction score
yesterday i bought a brand new dji phantom 4 from bestbuy in newmarket ontario, canada, the sales person told me once i open the box i can't return it, i agreed, and later on when i got home, i opened the box, found out the battery was completely not working, no flashing lights no matter how long we charge it for. So today we went back to bestbuy, want to get an exchange battery, but bestbuy refused to do so, they don't even ask me what they can help me with, once they saw me came in with a dji phantom box, they just keep telling me i can't return it, that's what kind of manner and service? all they ask me to do is contact the manufactory by my own, so it means it is reasonable for them to sell defective products and not responsible for anything?

very disappointed , spent $1582 to buy a garbage , WONT BUY THIS KIND OF **** AGAIN, here to remind people if you hear this kind of ******** policy "once you open it you can't return" such products dont buy it, it just like buying a problem for yourself !
IMG_6948.JPG
IMG_6959.JPG IMG_6960.JPG IMG_6963.JPG

yesterday i bought a brand new dji phantom 4 from bestbuy in newmarket ontario, canada, the sales person told me once i open the box i can't return it, i agreed, and later on when i got home, i opened the box, found out the battery was completely not working, no flashing lights no matter how long we charge it for. So today we went back to bestbuy, want to get an exchange battery, but bestbuy refused to do so, they don't even ask me what they can help me with, once they saw me came in with a dji phantom box, they just keep telling me i can't return it, that's what kind of manner and service? all they ask me to do is contact the manufactory by my own, so it means it is reasonable for them to sell defective products and not responsible for anything?

very disappointed , spent $1582 to buy a garbage , WONT BUY THIS KIND OF **** AGAIN, here to remind people if you hear this kind of ******** policy "once you open it you can't return" such products dont buy it, it just like buying a problem for yourself !
View attachment 77926
View attachment 77927 View attachment 77928 View attachment 77929
Far out that store sucs ,i would want to c that manager:mad: stick it out find nother batt if posible and get up in that sky,,,,hope you get sorted:)

View attachment 77926
View attachment 77927 View attachment 77928 View attachment 77929
Come to think of it mine came from noel lemming store and hello batt missing,,i was bac next day,they knew me lucky and gave my replacement batt,,,,good luck again

Best Buy won't accept a return on a NEW item?

Is that a Canadian thing or what?

AD

A lot of stores seem to be doing that (in Canada, can't speak for the US) . It must be some sort of agreement with the manufacturer or wholesaler. When I bought a power washer it was posted all over the box that it could not be returned to the store - for any reason. I needed it so I bought it but I was worried after I got it home that if something was missing or broken that I had no recourse other than contacting the manufacturer.

They do it with software and games - once opened, no returns.

I guess all people can do is refuse to purchase from the store and let them know why but sometimes there isn't a reasonable alternative. Bastards

This is an easy enough fix. You'll want/need a spare battery anyway. Buy a second battery, which will get you flying immediately. While you're doing that, contact DJI for a warranty exchange of the defective battery.

My P-4 (a Christmas gift) was purchased at BestBuy (U.S., FL) and my wife was told, per their standard return policy, she could return it (she would have to present the receipt) up to 15 days from/after the day she bought it. In totality my awesome gift has operated just fine--so far!

Interesting that Best Buy Canada has such crummy service. I took two bad P4's back in USA and they exchanged them both for a third without a problem.

I see Canada's Best Buy policy is different below:

Best-Buy-Canada.jpg

Best Buy USA is a bit more generous below for some reason:

Best-Buy-USA.jpg

Good luck on the battery exchange with DJI. They seem to not work to well if they sit too long and charger no longer works with them. Could be a while with DJI too with their RMA process, proof of purchase, etc. They are often under 90% in the Amazon ratings with "DJI Store" which is a pretty poor store score in Amazon speak.

Might be best to buy a spare battery someplace and see if it lights up a green bar or two before taking it home (Let them do it!). You'll likely need one sooner or later.

That sucks a Canadians? Best Buy US would never do that. Took my p4p back for an exchange 12 days after purchase got new drone no questions asked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20