Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

GoProfessional Case - Traveling International..

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by propeyes, Feb 17, 2014.

1. propeyes

I know a lot of people are curious about this case. Here is a picture of mine with the vision 2. Everything fits great and the blades fit installed. I'm traveling to British Virgin island to capture my wife 40th b day on a boat.

Any tips for TSA checkpoints.. I'm really scared as I have to go through 3 airports to get there including costa rica. From what I can tell, TSA post allows carry on of such batteries. I'm only bringing one in copter and 1 spare. and if I do get denied, what do you do then. I'm ready to put it in a airport locker from USA departure if they hassle me, but if I'm in Costa Rica trying to get to my destination.

[​IMG]

2. rotordan

i have this case, although the top foam is not flashy blue. I always check the case as hold luggage because it saves carrying it thru the airport and potential trouble with the tools in carry-on. I always carry on the lipos as per ICAO/TSA recommendations. So far 4 flights total, US domestic and intercontinental, TSA pre-checked and classic. No questions, no problems. Everything arrived intact.
    I put duck tape over the latches and a couple of carabines thru the lock holes in order to keep the case from opening should the latches snag on something in the bagage dungeon.

3. djscoutmaster

im very interested in the results as well :) Do you have a case with or without wheels?

4. propeyes

All went well, went through TSA and did case as carry on and even got a compliment on the copter. Was a blast. Did some video in BVI. Here is the video I made.

http://vimeo.com/87961391

[vimeo]87961391[/vimeo]