GoPro4 setup compatibility?

MrJoshua said:
Ahh ok thanks. Definitely a good idea to add stuff like that. I'll have a look to find some on ebay. I've got spiral wrap stuff but your mesh looks a lot better for this job.

Still, I can't help but think that adding shielding that has metal would be a nice bit of insurance against any of the open wires picking up erroneous signals etc.
Metal shielding would probably work better but this came with plug and play connections so I went the lazy route!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LDX65OS

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415918422249.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415918422249.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 297
Thanks for the link. It's a bit academic at the minute as I just had an issue on my third ever flight.

Low voltage warning appeared to come on after a very short time. Doesn't seem normal.
When low voltage auto landing is triggered does the phantom climb before it lands, or just land instantly where it is? And does it ignore all control input?

There's two types of warnings. One will periodically flash and could ascend, then return home (depending on your settings)

Critical warning will be a constant flashing red and will eventually auto descend on the spot. If you're over water or somewhere you DONT want to be, switch to ATTI to override the autoland.
If it's in critical, you'll only be able to maneuver it as it's slowly descending. So at that point you'd need full throttle just to stay level..not a fun time if you're caught 200 yards over trees or a lake.

Joshua, yes indeed there's a pre-made cable but if you're comfortable splicing and soldering yourself (like me) it's really not hard.
If you have any questions about the wiring just hit us up here but it's pretty basic... video+gnd comes off the Phantom mainboard (the colored cable that originally came taped to the bottom) and goes IN to the iOSD, then there's a video OUT (+gnd) that goes to the vTx. and separate from that of course you're got power+gnd out from the Phantom mainboard (same cable as video) which goes directly into power+gnd on the video Tx.
There will be a few extra wires on the cable that comes with the TS352 that you can just cut off, like audio in (green+white) and VCC+ out.

The Boscam indeed theoretically puts out more power but it also eats more power, most folks around here say we're talking about a dozen or 2 seconds of flight time... not a huge deal. I'm perfectly happy with my TS352 and yep it's cheaper. Use channel 1 you will have to flip all 4 dip siwtches. by default they all come off and channel 1 is all on.
Then on the RX-LCD5802 it's channel C-1.

I take it these connections as described will work for the MinimIOSD? Do you have a wiring diagram how to setup the minimIOSD? Thx in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik