GoPro4 LightBridge Problem

Reaction score
Just got the GoPro 4 installed on my Phantom 2 and everything seemed to be going great until I hit the rec button on the gopro4 and the video and osd data going to my hdmi monitor froze.
Stop recording and it all starts working again. this is at 2.7k 48fps setting. If I set the gopro4 to 1080p 60fps it works great. I have found some info after looking around on the web that the output
from the hdmi on the gopro4 is at a lower resolution until the record button gets pushed and then the hdmi outputs the resolution that was set in the camera, in my case 2.7k 48fps or 30fps,which i guess the lightbridge can't down convert?.
This was not a problem with the gopro3+ set at 2.7 30fps.
I hope this gets fixed as I want to record to the camera at all the cool new resolutions but still monitor at 720 or 1080 on my lightbridge hdmi output.
Isn't it allways something with new stuff

Interesting. I was going to hit the store this afternoon and get the GoPro 4 too..... I'll wait.

Thanks for calling this out!

Just saw this

Mikegwalk wrote:
Just spoke to a Gopro reb (way easier to get a hold then a DJI rep)They told me there is a software update coming in the next two weeks to allow you to have FPV on Lightbridge while recording at 4k or anything after 1080p 90FPS. Hopefully this is true.

I also hope this is true.
Got my fingers crossed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers