GoPro won't sit level

Reaction score
Recently I had my first crash with the front left part of the Phantom taking all the impact. I isolated the issue to just the front left propeller with the other propellers undamaged and working fine, the unit powering on as normal and gaining a GPS signal. Yesterday I purchased a new outer shell and changed the internals over. Everything went smoothly and I took it for a small test hover with the Phantom flying as if it was new again.

I took it out for a flight this afternoon thinking all was resolved until I got home and noticed the footage is on a slight angle and on closer inspection the GoPro doesn't sit straight in the gimbal. I've uploaded a clip to YouTube (http://youtu.be/yw0n0SMrX4c) and also a photo
7y7CFgv.jpg

with the first being how it actually sits and the second with how I think it should sit.

The tilt function works as new without any noise or issue. I took it out for a small test flight again just to confirm that the gimbal still works as it previously did by stabilising the camera on sudden left/right movements. It still worked great but unfortunately won't sit level.

Has the crash stuffed my gimbal? It's interesting as there isn't a scratch on either the GoPro or Gimbal so I'm hoping (and possibly dreaming) that it's a calibration issue. There's discussion on here where a firmware upgrade resolved the issue for others which unfortunately after updating the firmware on mine I'm still experiencing the issue.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to resolve this? Would greatly appreciate any assistance as I'm at a bit of a loose end and hoping it's something that can be saved.

Looks like the gimbal is bent or has separated from one of the dampening balls. Hard to tell from the photos.

Its the lower gimbal mounting bracket that is bent, there seems to be a lot of P2's getting bent brackets. Take it off and get it back to shape with a wooden or plastic hammer and a block of wood.

Thanks,

Kev

I wondered the same. What part to you guys actually looks bent or better yet, does anyone have a photo of their setup so I have something to base it off on how it should look?

Thanks.

My view on P2 It seems to me, your gimbal is bent not the mounting plate.

Good luck, sorry the image is so huge!!!! :lol:

Attachments

• 212.jpg
    212.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 586
Wow, that definitely confirms it. You can even see how my bracket leans to the left which results in the camera lean. Will have a go at trying to straighten it this weekend.

Appreciate the pictures and response guys.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4