Gopro wifi and 2.4 quad.

Reaction score
I know NOT to have my camera wifi on while the camera is on my Phantom 1 and flying and shooting video. Sometimes I'll have the camera on the transmitter to video the quad from the ground. Now, if I have the camera wifi on so the view can be received from a smartphone or tablet...is that a problem? The quad would be out of range of camera wifi but it's next to tx antenna. I wouldn't think it would be a problem anymore than flying close to my house that has 2.4 wifi. Thoughts?

I very much doubt it would affect the quad. The control TX is most likely to wipe out the Gopro remote that anything else.
Although, it's possible it could affect the quad when landing or hand catching.. if the Gopro is still recording and using Wi-Fi when the quad approaches.

Yeah, I had thought about the quad getting close to tx upon landing. I tested the wifi range of my camera wifi and it was about 80 feet los. So if I did this I would most likely at end of flight to land a hundred feet away. Doesn't seem to make much sense to do it as I think about it. I just thought it might be nice to have others see the camera feed live. Come to think of it, I would have to be out of range for takeoff also. Maybe a dumb idea. We all have them. So what!

Monte55 said:
I know NOT to have my camera wifi on while the camera is on my Phantom 1 and flying and shooting video. Sometimes I'll have the camera on the transmitter to video the quad from the ground. Now, if I have the camera wifi on so the view can be received from a smartphone or tablet...is that a problem? The quad would be out of range of camera wifi but it's next to tx antenna. I wouldn't think it would be a problem anymore than flying close to my house that has 2.4 wifi. Thoughts?

The interference generated by GoPro's WiFi affects any 2.4 Ghz transmission, in omnidirectional (everywhere) area, no matter which side Phantom or TX, You have to keep Camera few meters away from your TX....

Having the camera off of the tx and a few feet away defeats the purpose. Like I said...just a dumb idea. I guess just tell the viewers...LOOK UP

I was thinking the reason to do this was that I could turn around and they could be in the live feed. Not worth the trouble I guess.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl