GoPro w/out Waterproof housing

Reaction score
So I think the waterproof housing adds unnecessary weight. I would, therefore, like to film without it.

Anyone know of a solution to attach the GoPro to the Phantom without the heavy waterproof housing?

Thanks!

OK- I'll look inside the box - I did not see such a thing. If you could post a pick what it looks like that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Something like this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 733
Yeah! I knew I wasn't crazy - mine did not have it at all.

So it is a "serious" question - anyone know where I can get one so my bird will be lighter????

thanks, BMc - but that only works for the GoPro 2 and I have the Hero 3 - that product would only work with mine with the housing attached which defeats my purpose - the search for this simple attachment continues ...

rustysd said:
thanks, BMc - but that only works for the GoPro 2 and I have the Hero 3 quote]
That mount works fine with the GoPro 3. You just add a small piece of foam at the back.

Correct, the GoPro H2 mount is $7. Add a small piece of foam gasket to the rear and a GoPro H3 will fit nice and snug. That or go with what quadzilla suggested and buy the overpriced $40 mount made for the H3.

rustysd said:
So I think the waterproof housing adds unnecessary weight. I would, therefore, like to film without it.

Anyone know of a solution to attach the GoPro to the Phantom without the heavy waterproof housing?

Thanks!
look on GoPro web site and look at the skeleton housing, you can plug in cable's from the side, it may help and is a bit lighter.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic