GoPro Video Error!

Reaction score
Hero 3+ Silver, 1080 & 50 fsp. Micro SD 32gb HC

I shot a a community video Saturday in 4 parts (different locations). Coming in I pop the memory card in my desktop computer and the first three open fine in GoPro Studio. Trying to open the #4 video, it's a No Go. So I go file and try to open it with Windows Media Viewer, "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." I've tried everything I know but no luck.

Anyone else getting any of these errors? I normally just delete all the files in the "100GOPRO" directory (instead of reformatting the memory card) to clear it for the next video.

I've seen others mention sometimes a video file doesn't get finalized in the gopro. Maybe this is because it gets powered off too soon after stop recording before it can finalize the file to the card.
what some had suggested was to power on gopro and take a short video and let it finalize then check the file with issues again. I'm just passing on what I've read but I never had that problem. Hopefully you can recover your file

If you search on YouTube there are a few possible fix methods there

Subscribing because I often have similar problems with my Hero4 Black. I'm troubleshooting but I think it comes down to the quick record feature (and maybe receiving power from the Phantom). Even with longer flights where the file would normally be split I can lose all files and only keep the first few seconds of me right after hitting record.

Once I am satisfied with my troubleshooting I'll probably send a ticket into GoPro. They have been good in the past with another issue I've had.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie