GoPro stills

Reaction score
My gimbal is out for repair so I can't answer this myself. If I set my GoPro to take stills only, does it still send a live video feed to the zenmuse? In other words, does putting my GoPro in timed camera mode render my FPV useless?

Eos630 said:
My gimbal is out for repair so I can't answer this myself. If I set my GoPro to take stills only, does it still send a live video feed to the zenmuse? In other words, does putting my GoPro in timed camera mode render my FPV useless?

It will still send a signal for FPV. When it takes a picture, however, (ie: every 5 seconds) the screen goes blank each time a picture is taken. It goes blank for about 1/2 second. It's helpful to in timing shots but a little distracting if you're relying completely on fpv to fly.

Okay, thanks. I think I can deal with that distraction. Not great for fast navigation, but it's sort of a helpful way to let you know you got the shot.

Yep I have done this on my second flight. The black flash is longer than I'd like, but it's workable for sure.

One question, when I'm using 2.4k on the GoPro, the video on my FPV is low frame rate and choppy, unlike the smoother results I get in lower resolutions including 1440.

Can anyone else confirm this? Or is it just my FPV kit?

TIA

They're 8mp. I've personally found that the GoPro is sensitive to the card used in this mode. I was trying it with an Ultra, but had all sorts of issues. Started using an Extreme Pro and seemed to work just fine.

I have an Ultra and was getting stills around 1.5MB Guess I really shouldn't have cheaped out on the card like that.
I still think I'd be okay with the periodic blackout in exchange for the 12MB res. I know I can get.

Has anyone tried mounting a second gopro to records stills at "x" seconds ? Thus using the first gopro for fpv and video. Could one be attached to the bottom or side of the current gopro gimbal

Sounds like a great app for a digital printer

I really don't want to go back to a vision+ for stills

Gopro is even making a case for this purpose

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1397443168.637663.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1397443168.637663.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 437
brud said:
Has anyone tried mounting a second gopro to records stills at "x" seconds ? Thus using the first gopro for fpv and video. Could one be attached to the bottom or side of the current gopro gimbal

Sounds like a great idea to me, if you've got the extra $600 for the second GoPro and dual case...

The only drawbacks I can see are added weight and potential problems if you're using a gimbal that's designed specifically for a single GoPro. (I believe I read something in one of the other threads that the Zenmuse is specifically designed for a GoPro Hero3/3+ and won't initialize if something else is used?)

You can get good stills if your shooting high res video ex 2.7k 30fps and pull stills from that with gopro studio. ctr+shift+e
Thats the best stills youll get from a gopro while shooting video that im aware of

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers