GOPRO Silver sale at Costco (online only)

Good catch, missed the one on Amazon and I thought I looked fully. :eek: The one difference (to me) is the warranty Costco gives which is pretty much forever on most products including cameras.

twodips said:
Good catch, missed the one on Amazon and I thought I looked fully. :eek: The one difference (to me) is the warranty Costco gives which is pretty much forever on most products including cameras.

I can tell you've been around the block a few times :) Costco's forever policy used to cover everything, but maybe 10 years ago they changed it to 90-days for electronics--computers, TVs, cell phones, and yes, cameras. Their second-year warranty extension for electronics does not cover cameras; your best bet there is probably to purchase through a credit card that offers warranty extension.

The 90 days at Costco is nice piece of mind though. 89 days into ownership if the camera gets screwed up (crash or whatever) you can return it. No one else gives you that.

ElGuano said:
twodips said:

I can tell you've been around the block a few times :) Costco's forever policy used to cover everything, but maybe 10 years ago they changed it to 90-days for electronics--computers, TVs, cell phones, and yes, cameras. Their second-year warranty extension for electronics does not cover cameras; your best bet there is probably to purchase through a credit card that offers warranty extension.
After further investigation it turns out the do offer the following for a $29 cost (cameras under $300)
Item #818172
Features:
2 Years of Accidental Damage Protection plus 2nd year of Normal Use Failure covered by SquareTrade
This service plan is exclusive to Costco Members. You must purchase the new tablet or camera from a Costco Warehouse or from www.costco.com. Other terms and conditions apply.*

How the SquareTrade Service Works

Service plan must be purchased within 30 days of purchasing the tablet or camera in-store. If the tablet or camera is purchased online at Costco.com, then the service plan must be purchased within 30 days from receipt of tablet or camera.

Ooh. This can be an indication gopro 4 is around the corner?

its covered by square trade. you can't just take it to costco and return it like you could normally with everything they sell.

Steve Martin said:
thongbong said:
Ooh. This can be an indication gopro 4 is around the corner?

Exactly what I'm hoping for.

I love your movies, man, wish you made more... (sure you get that alot :lol: )

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr